PDA

View Full Version : Bet you didnt have xmas dinner like ours,or did yo

kimbo
10-01-2004, 23:05
OUR TABLE COLLAPSED
Gullivers swan disaster.we had just started our meal when the table collapsed ,my grandson got a bang to the head and my son inlaw was covered in soup . I couldnt understand why the staff were unphased by what had happened , we were asked to leave while they reset the table.when I asked the manager how this could have happened he actually said 'this sometimes happens if someone gets up and knocks the legs as they fold in' I could not believe they use tables that are known to fall down.
The manager explained he had not charged for 1st child ( he was asleep by the time we got to eat anyway )and discounted the bill by 20%, but later found our 2nd child had been charged as adult.
no one was in the mood for eating after all that so we soon left.

tinkerbell
10-01-2004, 23:19
God how awful for you. Where is this place?? Not the usual service quality you expect when in Florida, esp. on xmas day. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday!

kimbo
10-01-2004, 23:33
gullivers is at swan and dolphin, and no you dont expect this anywhere especially disney .I cant decide what shocked me the most the collapse or the way the staff seemed so unconcerned.,but the rest of the hol was great.
quote:Originally posted by tinkerbell

God how awful for you. Where is this place?? Not the usual service quality you expect when in Florida, esp. on xmas day. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday!

orlandobabe
10-01-2004, 23:48
That's totally shocking and I really don't think the hotel did anywhere near enough to compensate you for having such a special day ruined.

I definitely would write them a strong letter of complaint.

tinkerbell
11-01-2004, 01:15
I agree, I would complain now after the holiday. I had a horrendous stay at a Ramada Jarvis near Gatwick the night before we flew, without going into too much detail, we were put in a smoking room when we had specifically requested non-smoking, then once we were moved to the non-smoking corridor, into a room which STILL stank of smoke, we found short dark curly hairs in our bed! Needless to say I complained at the time, and wrote a strongly worded email on Wednesday, surprisingly, I received a response on Thursday from the manager, apologising for the poor standards I had received and telling me to expect a £30 refund in the mail!

You don't get anything if you don;t ask!

kimbo
11-01-2004, 04:38
I have emailed disney tonight, I will keep you posted