PDA

View Full Version : Winter Park

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 18:03
North of Orlando-although we usually take the 417 and drop down from Aloma Avenue to avoid the I4-I hate that road.

You can visit the Tiffany Glass Museum first-which is brilliant and only about $4-then head for the Briarpatch on Park Avenue and watch the squirrels cavorting around in the park and the trains whistling past while you lay into the biggest piece of carrot cake-I've ever seen. Then head down to the lake for the boat trip that takes you around all the mansions at the edges of the lake-and then finally finish off with shopping in the boutiques and little curio shops!

Finally get into the car and just drive around the houses at the back of Park Avenue-some are out of this world.

Great Day out-and if you don't overindulge on the shopping-quite cheap too!

Orlandobabe

denisemahy
13-02-2002, 01:19
We discovered this a few weeks ago purely by chance and agree it makes for a good day out. The chapel in the Tiffany glass museum is a sight to behold.
Denise

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 15:19
You might be a little disappointed at certain times of the year that you can not do the boat trip as there is not enough water in the lake-so you may get a reduced trip-or none at all!
My daughter was lucky enough to get a reduced one-which they were very impressed with-the guide pointed out who owned some of the mansions on the lake-one of them being Walgreens!

Orlandobabe