PDA

View Full Version : Best Course for novices

Suzzee
20-04-2010, 18:02
Hi,

Both the hubby & I are novices but are really keen to try a round whilst over in May (Ash permitting).

I have looked at the old posts to try and see which is the best course for us but some of the posts are now a bit out of date.

We are staying at Seasons on Oren Brown Road - which golf course would you recommend for first timers - I don't want to be holding people up behind me.

Sue

SteveandJan
20-04-2010, 20:21
My husband and the kids tried Southern Dunes and the smaller course at Disney and liked them both, not many people were playing at the time and not too expensive

MarkJan
20-04-2010, 22:47
Polo park is very easy / friendly. For a novice I wouldn't suggest Southern Dunes as there is a lot of sand.

Suzzee
22-04-2010, 17:21
Thanks for the replies.

What is Disney's smaller course called?

and where is Polo Park?

Do you have to pre-book or can you just turn up?

Sue

Spuddybaby
22-04-2010, 17:25
The smaller course at Disney is called Oak Trail, and its a 9 hole walking course i believe..

the good thing about orlando is that there are so many courses that they never seem to be really busy.

At home i have had 5.5 hour rounds to due the course letting too many people on, but over in florida its much more relaxed.
Plus all courses give you buggies so that keeps the pace of play up, even for novices.
So i wouldnt worry about holding anyone up. If you find you are, let them through, after all you are on holiday, whats the point in rushing about too much!