PDA

View Full Version : Stranded visitors get free admission to Seaworld

kitch50
18-04-2010, 02:20
Just read this :-

"Cheers! The always generous and giving Sea World Parks & Entertainment is offering FREE admissions to UK tourists who have been left stranded in Orlando, Florida due to the volcanic ash blanketing the skies overseas. The offer is valid starting Saturday, April 17th at Sea World Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa, and Aquatica Water Park.

Stranded toursists must present to the parks’ front gate Guest Services window a valid return airline ticket, dated Wednesday, April 14 through Wednesday, April 21, or until normal flight schedules resume. One ticket will be offered at each park for each return flight ticket presented."

on the orlando official ticket center website

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-04-2010, 02:29
That's our tomorrow sorted then. What a very generous gesture [msnsmile].

lynnroy
18-04-2010, 02:42
Thats so cool- we have a valid ticket for Seaworld and were going to go back anyway, but we'll def go to Bush now too.
thanks for letting us know

luckylady
18-04-2010, 03:18
Thank you Wendy, I have emailed my stranded guests the information, they are delighted [msnsmile2]

mfairhurst
18-04-2010, 03:23
That is very kind of sea world thinking of UK guests needing somewhere to go as I am sure money is running out .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ellie
18-04-2010, 03:43
Thanks, too, Wendy. I have contacted my guests who are going to go to Aquatica as they had not had time to do that. Great news.

Lyn
18-04-2010, 03:47
I have always loved Sea World this just confirms my thoughts

zerotone
18-04-2010, 04:28
We are stuck in Orlando and just caught it on the news. Very welcome good news as we have been trying to find things to do free as money is getting tight and we dont know how long we are going to be stuck here. Well done Seaworld

Jane

Milly
18-04-2010, 05:17
Hi

We are also stuck in Florida, That will be good may go on Monday.

That is very good of Seaworld.

Diane

Jill
18-04-2010, 17:19
Great news by SeaWorld - will Disney also do the same?

stabard
18-04-2010, 18:01
Thanks for that, my stranded guests are delighted as they are stuck now till 28th April with limited funds so every little helps.

lynnroy
18-04-2010, 18:17
Ha Ha bet Disney doesn't do it -or am I just cynical??

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
18-04-2010, 18:20
I was thinking the same too, but you never know...
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lynnroy
[/quote]

florida4sun
18-04-2010, 18:26
Apparently they have but it is indiscriminate and not advertised.

[/quote]

lynnroy
19-04-2010, 01:38
Oh well I take it back then!!! Apologies disney

steph_goodrum
19-04-2010, 02:09
I would hazard a guess that it may be to do with the new owners of Seaworld etc trying to gain a new customer fan base? When we had 9/11 and a really bad hurricane season in 2004 and flights were cancelled etc. this offer wasnt made available then.

Although it has been very inconvenient for many people unlike the other scenarios at least there has been no danger for them and they can hopefully make the best of the situation.

ncmurray
19-04-2010, 13:14
Have Disney really offered a day at their parks for stranded visitors? If so, I would like to let my guests know of it.

Nuala

kitch50
19-04-2010, 18:42
As far as I am aware Seaworld is the only park that has publically announced this offer for stranded visitors (it is also in their blog on the Seaworld website now) I couldn't find anything about Disney when I searched.

steph_goodrum
19-04-2010, 19:57
With SeaWorld offer though it also says guests can get a day at each of their parks for free.
So you can have a day at Sea World, 1 at Busch Gardens and 1 at Aquaatica.

anorak
19-04-2010, 21:43
I saw this on the news here and would have liked to post it but thought the management here at the forum wouldn't like it - I thought they squashed any mention of park tickets except those bought through their site??

Looks like I need some clarification on this topic, in the past I have had Disney and other tickets go out of date because we haven't used them, I would be delighted to find some way of them being used.

florida4sun
19-04-2010, 22:06
Nope not true, we don't allow other sites selling tickets to be advertised here (which is a no brainer). For clarification on your own tickets check with the company that sold them to you. Many are dated, although any bought from us do not expire until used. Our no expiry tickets can used over a number of years. The 14 day expiry tickets expire 14 days from day of first use, so can be used at any time.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by anorak
I saw this on the news here and would have liked to post it but thought the management here at the forum wouldn't like it - I thought they squashed any mention of park tickets except those bought through their site??

Looks like I need some clarification on this topic, in the past I have had Disney and other tickets go out of date because we haven't used them, I would be delighted to find some way of them being used.
[/quote]

MarkJan
19-04-2010, 22:30
[/quote]Current guests had 5 unused days on a 14 day Disney ticket and Disney have extended the ticket validity period by 7 days so they can use the "lost" days.

anorak
20-04-2010, 00:07
I don't actually buy my tickets, they are employee friends and family type tickets which usually are good for the year or so after issue.

I don't get many visitors out here now who want to go to the other parks - too old or infirm - its only Seaworld I take them to.

And occasionally I'll walk them into Epcot in the evening for the fireworks for an hour or two, that's not too strenuous for the oldies. That doesn't use up a ticket at all.

So my comps sometimes go out of date

Would it be OK to offer them on here,

florida4sun
20-04-2010, 00:46
No because tickets are no transferable. The contract with the parks we have has a specific clause about comps.

I don't actually buy my tickets, they are employee friends and family type tickets which usually are good for the year or so after issue.

I don't get many visitors out here now who want to go to the other parks - too old or infirm - its only Seaworld I take them to.

And occasionally I'll walk them into Epcot in the evening for the fireworks for an hour or two, that's not too strenuous for the oldies. That doesn't use up a ticket at all.

So my comps sometimes go out of date

Would it be OK to offer them on here,
[/quote]

anorak
20-04-2010, 19:10
I thought you wouldn't let me give the tickets away on here.

florida4sun
20-04-2010, 19:41
Honestly did you read my post, we have a specific clause in our contract with the parks about comp tickets. They cannot be offered for the general public. The easiest thing would be to pop into any restaurant in the area and give them but no instead you have to try and make a point on here.
Do you think Seaworld would let you offer them on their site or any ticket wholesale site for that. common sense should [prevail but obvious not.
If you want to do good with them I have any number of charities who will take them and give them to good homes. That is what we do with all of ours! Make sense, probably not...

I thought you wouldn't let me give the tickets away on here.
[/quote]

Milly
21-04-2010, 05:27
Hi

We wemt to Aquatica yesterday and Busch Gardens today. Disney Water Park tomorrow.

Regard
Dianne