PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Dunes

shakinsteve
06-04-2010, 13:24
Hi all...
Will be looking to play a couple of rounds in early June this year and have been told that Mystic Dines do a good package for clubs, buggy etc. anyone played Mystic Dunes or recommend any other course around. Mid teens handicap so looking to play a fairly good course...thanks in advance...
Mark

Spuddybaby
19-04-2010, 19:49
Mark,

i have played mystic dunes and thought it was a great course.
Probably the toughest i have played in the orlando area actually, with really fast, truw greens.

has a great island hole as well, (think its the 11th), and there are lots of holes with sandy wasteland carries....

i would reccomend this course, and i actually want to play it again this year to see if i have improved!

shakinsteve
20-04-2010, 11:41
Thanks for the info. If there was just 1 round available on your hols...would you play here..? or somewhere else..?

Spuddybaby
20-04-2010, 16:51
tough question!!

i would love to go up to jacksonville and play sawgrass, or maybe Bay Hill just to say that i have played them.

But regarding courses in and around Orlando, my personl favourite is Falcons Fire, so i would choose that as my only course if i cold only play once
It was the first course i played in Florida, so it always hold a little bit of charm for me, (plus i always make it my first round when there so i know that is heralds the start of my Orlando holiays!).
Its a different course to Mystic Dunes as its very open and harder to hit the ball too wide as most holes are surrounded by humps deisgned to keep you in play.
It has just undergone a huge rennovation to improve greens and bunkers so looking forward to playing it in November. Each hole is unique and there is lots of water on the course, one hole even has water left and right on the tee shot, so if you arent straight you are wet!

You said you are a mid teens handicap, i play off 18, and i would say Mystic Dunes is definately the harder of the two.
Suppose it depends what kind of course u enjoy playing.

shakinsteve
20-04-2010, 18:45
Great info..thanks.

Think I will go for Mystic Dunes..as well as being the nearest to me.

1st June (hopefully we will all be flying by then..)

Spuddybaby
22-04-2010, 17:21
good luck.

check out the site, they have some awesome hi-res photos of the course....