PDA

View Full Version : Is it cooler than usual?

Pamster
14-03-2010, 22:44
I am going to Orlando in 4 weeks so have been having a look at the temperature. It appears to have been under 20 degrees for most of March - is this cooler than usual? I'm hoping it's warmed up by April 11th!

erowlands
15-03-2010, 00:17
So am I, we fly out on the 11th as well.
Eric

SDJ
15-03-2010, 00:27
It would be extremely unusual if the temperatures stay as they are for much longer so think you will stand a good chance of it being warmer in 4 weeks time.[msncool]

Sandra

chrizzy100
15-03-2010, 00:39
It was cold all but one day that I was there..its been like that for ages if my bills are anything to go by along with the moans of my FL neighbors and my dead plants and grass..they did say on the news it could take 2 more months to get back to normal..but I would hope by April the weather should be a lot better..

britprincess
15-03-2010, 00:45
Im flying on the 2nd of April..im really really hoping it warms up, im in desperate need of sunshine! fingers crossed...warm thoughts please lol

chrizzy100
15-03-2010, 01:46
We came home last week and booked another 2 weeks the end of May...we were in need of a winter break and I came home with the flu...lol

blott
15-03-2010, 02:14
According to the weather gizmo on my screen, it's currently 70F in Florida and it's 7.12 pm (their clocks went forward last night) which doesn't sound too bad to me. Wish I was there...

Katys Grandad
15-03-2010, 09:23
Is it cooler than usual? - undoubtedly it is.

However it doesn't necessarily follow that it's going to stay like that although this cold spell has lasted for much longer that I expected.

Robert5988
15-03-2010, 13:17
I returned yesterday and everyone was complaining about the coldest winter they could remember, even last week the forecast was warning of possible frost.

That said, the same forecaster thought that the cold spell should now be finished and temperatures should return to something like normal.

Pamster
15-03-2010, 21:36
Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed now that it does warm up in 4 weeks but it's certainly going to be a lot warmer than Huddersfield is at the moment!

chrizzy100
15-03-2010, 22:19
It was odd driving to Orlando airport the other Saturday morning..it was so frosty it looked like the roofs were covered in snow never seen anything like it in FL...we got back to Boston and everyone had their car roofs down and wearing t shirts..it felt really warm when the airport doors opened..it was like back to front for me...lol

Father
18-03-2010, 12:24
We're here now. Today's forecast is for a high of 69 and it tells you that the average high for that specific date is 80, so yes it is much colder than normal.

We were at Kissimmee Old Town the other night and it was very cold. We are used to checking out the car show in sweltering heat so a real culture shock there.

Last Tuesday and Wednesday, the weather was rotten. Low clouds and heavy rain - you couldn't do anything other than sit around kicking your heels. It was like a wet November day back home.

Forecast is for sun and highs in the upper 70s this weekend so happy days.

skippy
18-03-2010, 18:59
It has been and still is 10 to 15 degrees below average, the coldest winter for a long time. It may have touched low 70's at lunchtimes if the sun has been out but but by early evening it has been in the 60's or even below
Bay news 9 did say it would touch 80 by end of next week though, can't wait the old bones need some sun.
sue

andy_d
19-03-2010, 00:47
We've been here for a week and a half and had one day where its been nice to sunbathe. I'm determined not to wear long trousers but it can be quite chilly at night.

netty68
19-03-2010, 15:51
We have been here 4 days now and the sun lotion is sitting on the kitchen worktop unopened! My hubby and I have just woke up full of cold after getting wet on water rides and walking round freezing! Apparently its supposed to be 74 today and maybe 79 tomorrow! Wet n Wild is out of the question until the sun makes an appearance!

Pamster
19-03-2010, 18:53
Oh dear that's not good! [msnsad]

britprincess
19-03-2010, 21:15
13 days until i go ...please warm up!

netty68
20-03-2010, 04:25
Well bit of a change today! been lovely in the high 70's low 80's, supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Hopefully the curse has been broken and the sun is here to stay![msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool][msncool]

sparkymarky
20-03-2010, 12:56
I have found that the weather in Orlando isn't quite as predictable as it used to be. I went in april 07 and the first 10 days it was jumper and jeans and then it warmed up a bit. When I went in May 09 the last 3 days it was constant rain and the drive back to the airport was terrible.
I am off again on 24th April for 11 days so i hope it is ok then

Pamster
20-03-2010, 13:31
Glad to hear it's warming up for you Netty! [msnsmile][msnsmile]

Father
21-03-2010, 20:37
Well it's still not great. It got sunny on Friday and this lasted until Saturday. The forecast for today was around 80 with a mixture of sun and cloud. In reality there's no mixture, just low cloud and heavy rain. Instead of 80, we have 68.

In short, rotten weather.

Trust me, in weather like this, you do not want to be here.

netty68
21-03-2010, 22:26
booooo rain all day today! with thunderstorms. Weather is variable for the next few days but supposed to be warmer mid week, think next time if we come back to Florida we'll leave it till later in the year when Sun is guaranteed!

Robert5988
22-03-2010, 20:24
I have stopped going Jan and Feb because frankly the weather is just not warm enough for me, but certainly by mid- March the weather has always been OK - until this year!!

netty68
23-03-2010, 04:34
Don't they call it 'sods law??' we have saved up long and hard for this holiday and so far the sun tan lotion is sitting on the side unopened!

sparkymarky
23-03-2010, 10:01
I agree with robert5988 that it is better to go at a time when it is more likely to be warm as nothing worse than going on holiday to find the weather the same as we get in the UK

blott
23-03-2010, 12:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sparkymarky
I agree with robert5988 that it is better to go at a time when it is more likely to be warm as nothing worse than going on holiday to find the weather the same as we get in the UK[/quote]I don't think Robert said the weather in Florida was the same as we get in the UK, just that he'd prefer to spend two months in the UK being colder. [msnwink]

Lyn
23-03-2010, 13:46
We were in Florida late January and most of February, yes it was colder than we had hoped and expected but still much warmer than it would have been at home.

SunLover
23-03-2010, 14:56
In the past I've had some great trips in the early part of the year. Of course it was cooler at night time, but throughout the days it was very much shorts and t-shirt weather.

It has been an exceptional year this year weather wise, globally it seems, but I wouldn't necessarily ignore Jan, Feb and indeed March for the future, as the upside is that the parks and attractions are so much easier to navigate during these off peak months.

skippy
23-03-2010, 16:26
The warm up is on it's way mid week according to bay news 9.
hopefully getting up to normal temp.

sue

FraserLynn
23-03-2010, 16:26
It seems like the weather has been odd everywhere this year. Here in Shanghai, it would normally be quite warm by now, but it is fluctuation between 5c and 25c from one day to the next. Personally we love Florida in Feb / early March. Nice bright warm days, slightly cooler evenings, but no oppressive humidity and queues at the parks. The intense heat and humidity, the one summer we went, really ruined the experience for us.

i would have been disappointed if we went at our usual time this year though as the weather looked pretty bleak and not want you want or expect from the Sunshine state.

I guess it is not whether it is different to where you come from, but different to your expectations and dreams. A few degrees warmer makes no difference at all if you were expecting sun and warmth.

ellie
23-03-2010, 18:05
We were out at our villa in the middle of February and whilst it was certainly cooler than some years, we stepped off the 'plane and walked across to pick up our hire car and it was gloriously sunny and really warm. We had left freezing temperatures and gloomy skies in the UK so it was a real boost to us.

We were able to wear t-shirts, sometimes with a cardigan over the top, and although we had one windy day at Epcot which made it cooler, the sun shone brightly.

I would never dismiss February just because of temperatures this year - which have been pretty exceptional - as we have had plenty of glorious spring visits over the years. There is nothing nicer than leaving London in the freezing cold and arriving to sunshine in Florida.

An added advantage of course is that there is low humidity, and that makes it a breeze to get round the parks. Of course, as Fraser so rightly says, if you went expecting 80 degrees you would have been disappointed but to be honest if that is what you want then you would be better off going in the summer.

lynnroy
23-03-2010, 18:09
What are the evening temps like at the mo? Is it warm enough to sit outside- have a dip in the pool etc

Lizb
23-03-2010, 19:44
Our present guests who arrived Saturday evening did have a dip in the heated pool. They said Sunday was warmer but rained quite a lot, dont think they minded as they said - they were having great fun in the warm Florida sun.

ellie
23-03-2010, 20:05
When I spoke to my guests who arrived on March 11th they said they had been in the pool each morning at 8.00 am and it was lovely and warm. They had had some rain but were enjoying themselves.

I envied them as most mornings here it was pretty chilly on the way to work and even colder on playground duty! [msnwink]

Father
24-03-2010, 23:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
When I spoke to my guests who arrived on March 11th they said they had been in the pool each morning at 8.00 am and it was lovely and warm. They had had some rain but were enjoying themselves.

I envied them as most mornings here it was pretty chilly on the way to work and even colder on playground duty! [msnwink][/quote]You shouldn't envy them Ellie because, take my word for it, it was cold there too.

We were there for 16 nights and we had 4 or 5 really nice days. Yes, it was possible to take a dip in a heated pool at 8am (some days but not all) but the moment you stood up, you were shivering with the cold and it was a mad dash for the towels.

Dads_Taxi
25-03-2010, 23:49
Could somebody please cheer me up and report that it's finally getting sunny and warm??!!

I'll be over there in less than 60 hours.

erowlands
26-03-2010, 00:07
Showing 79F at the moment, just checked the 10 day forecast on wether channel an t's showing mid to high 70's every day, keep it going we have 16 days until we go.
Eric

Dads_Taxi
27-03-2010, 00:11
I'll try not to use it all up Eric!

13 hours to take off!

erowlands
27-03-2010, 01:08
Have a great time in Florida, we have friends flying out today to stay at our villa, first time for them so I hope that they enjoy it as well.
Just leave us the sunshine when you come home
Eric

lynnroy
31-03-2010, 16:18
Just had a look at the 14 day forecast -lookslike its really hotting up- 29 degrees next week!!

Karen
01-04-2010, 07:20
We are here right now and it has been really lovely today [msncool]

Dads_Taxi
01-04-2010, 08:36
Yes, I'm pleased to announce that the proper weather has arrived.

lynnroy
01-04-2010, 14:08
Hurray- can't beleive we finally be there tomorrow!

britprincess
01-04-2010, 17:46
Finally I fly out tomorrow aswell :) can't wait for some sunshine!

lynnroy
01-04-2010, 19:04
Where are you flying from Sarah?

britprincess
01-04-2010, 20:58
I'm flying from Manchester

Pamster
01-04-2010, 23:14
Really pleased to hear that it's finally warmed up! Just 9 more sleeps until we go now [high5]