PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon closed?

Laura Jean Stephenson
08-03-2010, 14:17
I heard Typhoon Lagoon was due to close for refurbishment, does anyone know if this has happened and if so is it open again or due to open soon? I am going to Orlando in May (can't wait) and want to visit Typhoon. Also just wondered if there had been any major changes to the park while it's been closed?:)

lewisp
08-03-2010, 14:21
[website link edited]

Laura, looks like its just the annual refurb and general tidy up. Check the link for all the details. Its already back up and open according to the official website. Gill

Laura Jean Stephenson
08-03-2010, 14:23
Oh thanks Gill [clap]

Lesley S
08-03-2010, 15:54
Blizzard Beach is closed at the moment, annual maintenance. Both parks will be open from the 20th March.

shakinsteve
08-03-2010, 16:20
Which is the best one to go to with children ranging from 2yrs to 9yrs please..?

No Shoes
08-03-2010, 20:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by shakinsteve
Which is the best one to go to with children ranging from 2yrs to 9yrs please..?
[/quote]It is all down to personal taste, but I have always preferred Typhoon Lagoon to BB. The large wave pool and the sandy areas feel so much more relaxing. I personally dont like the all white areas at BB and it always feels more cramped! Each to their own I guess.

Once other thing - the bucket of ice cream at Typhoon Lagoon makes it worth the trip. The kids faces are a picture!!7