PDA

View Full Version : Dropping off at Magic Kingdom

gpullan
28-01-2010, 15:35
Hi,

Is there an option to drop the whole clan off near the entrance to Magic Kingdom for me to then go park the bus and catch up with them??

florida4sun
28-01-2010, 16:07
Yes there is, to be honest. I would all go from the car park and catch the trams and monorial in, its all part of the build up and fun.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
Hi,

Is there an option to drop the whole clan off near the entrance to Magic Kingdom for me to then go park the bus and catch up with them??
[/quote]

gpullan
28-01-2010, 16:11
Definitely for the first visit we will use the ferry but as last year showed us, it's a hassle with 5 kids, double pram to fold up and all the rubbish you have to carry onto the tram/monorail.

I agree, first time is great for the build up and fun, 2nd and 3rd time, dropping them off sounds great!

Cheers

CERICROWLEY
28-01-2010, 17:30
If I remember rightly, the guest drop off point for Magic Kingdom is by the doggie day care center. You will then have the choice of either monrail or ferry from the there. It will be a bit of struggle for you to drop them off and then go park the car, as you will have to take the exit road back round, and then probably cut through to where they are parking the cars coming in. but don't forget they have a parking a queue of cars coming in from the right way, not the wrong way (exit) so to speak. It may work out longer than if you were all together.

caroline
28-01-2010, 19:40
Ceri's right I drop 'my teens' at MK and they still have to use the ferry or monorail, it's just the tram from the car park that you miss - to be honest if you're going in too then you're better off parking and all going on the tram. The little ones love the tram ride anyway, ours always thought it was great because it was a ride with no queue[msnwink]

gpullan
28-01-2010, 20:02
Yeah you're right, for some reason i thought you could get to the entrance to drop off but as you say, if it's just the tram we'd be missing then there is no point.

Is it Hollywood Studios that i'm thinking of where you walk up to the entrance and there's loads of buses etc.. there??

Thanks for the advice and saving me looking stupid by dropping them off 100 yards away from the car park then driving all the way round again to park!!!![stupid2]

Ok next query is: We're going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast at Contemporary resort. Can i valet park there and leave the car there all day so we can go to Epcot on the monorail, returning to Contemporary for the car at the end of the day??

freddiehollie
28-01-2010, 20:57
Ok next query is: We're going to Chef Mickey's for breakfast at Contemporary resort. Can i valet park there and leave the car there all day so we can go to Epcot on the monorail, returning to Contemporary for the car at the end of the day??
[/quote]

Hi Garry

Yes you can, Just dont tell them your leaving car while you go round the parks[msnwink] Just tell them you are going in to dine.

We do that when going to Magic Kingdom, then at night as we leave the park, all you have to do is turn left and walk back to Contemporary (10min stroll) So no waiting in que for Monorail or Ferry Boats[msnwink]

gpullan
29-01-2010, 12:28
Great, thanks.

Do i need to valet park as i have heard that self park only gets you 3 hours inside the resort parking?? We will be parking all day.

DaveL
29-01-2010, 15:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gpullan
Great, thanks.

Do i need to valet park as i have heard that self park only gets you 3 hours inside the resort parking?? We will be parking all day.[/quote]You are correct about the time for self parking. Disney have now started putting a time and date on the parking permit that you display on your car dash.

I have not heard of any enforcement yet but I would guess that it's only a matter of time before it happens.

The cost of valet parking and tip is much the same as the normal car park. We have often used this for stays of around 5 hours when we eat in one of the hotel restaurants and then go off to a park. There has never been any problems so far.

Dave

gpullan
29-01-2010, 15:49
Cheers Dave, valet parking it is then as we will be there for about 8-9 hours (Chef Mickey's and Magic Kingdom).

Is the valet parking accessed through the same entrance to Contemporary??

DaveL
29-01-2010, 19:18
Valet parking for all the Disney hotels is at the main entrance. Just drive up and get out the car, they will ask if you are checking in but just tell them you are dining and would like valet parking. They give you a ticket and the cars gone. It normally takes around 3 -5 mins to get the car back.

Dave

CERICROWLEY
30-01-2010, 18:15
It is going to a bit of a long haul at the end of day going from Epcot to the Contemporary, though.

You will need to get a monorail to the transportation and ticket center and then change monorail to the resort monorail, as if you were parked in epcot you would only need to get the tram to the parking lot. But it could work out ok

gpullan
30-01-2010, 18:21
Ceri,

yeah I realised that so as you can see in my last post we're doing chef mickey then magic kingdom as it's only a short hop between them.
Cheers