PDA

View Full Version : A day on the gulf coast - best area

gpullan
27-01-2010, 16:59
Just trying to finalise where to go for our day at the beach next month.

I'm looking at Anna Maria Island and would like some advice.

We are 3 adults and 5 children
We want easy access to toilets, lunch eateries and dinner eateries around sunset
Not too quiet and with concessions, lifeguards and places to hire parasols, loungers etc..

We went to Siesta Key last year which was great, just looking for somewhere new.

I've looked at all the beaches and can't decide between

Holmes Beach
Manatee Beach
Coquina Beach
Cortez Beach
Bradenton Beach
Anna Maria Beach

Or is there somewhere else better than all the above and Siesta Key???

Thanks in advance

Jill
27-01-2010, 17:42
We went to Venice Beach last year for the day and had a lovely time - gorgeous soft sandy beach. There is a quaint shopping centre with a range of small shops to browse. We had lunch at Sharkeys on the Beach which had both inside and outside (under umbrellas) dining areas each with their own menu and fabulous views over the beach. When we were down the end of the pier people were getting very excited as someone had managed to catch a shark - poor thing was all of 18" long so just a baby and am pleased to say he was put back into the sea to see another day.

Suzy
27-01-2010, 21:21
Hi there, we have been going to Anna Maria Island for the past 15 years (sad I know), you will find Holmes Beach or Bradenton Beach has most of the things you listed. Any more info required please feel free to PM me.

Sue