PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Flights From Manchester

MrEktion
06-01-2004, 05:23
Just found a significant drop in some flight prices on Expedia and Airline Network for April (but not Easter as you'd expect!)

Found prices for AA via Chicago to MCO and Tampa late April departures on Expedia for £289 selected dates. This was £357 before New Year

Still get prices of £292 with Air Canada via Toronto to Tampa (6 hour wait for MCO connecting flight [msneek])

Airline Network had a couple of KLM/Northwest flights via Amsterdam/Detroit at £190 plus tax of £82 and £235 plus tax of £82 if you can take 2 changes.

This is just to redress the balance after my pro-Travel City Direct price rant early this week in another thread.

Mr Ektion

orlandobabe
02-02-2004, 00:25
Just booked end of Feb -Manchester to Orlando for 1 week with Virgin-£340 each.

Thought it wasn't bad for Virgin.

The charters were charging that and more!

NadimAshiq
02-02-2004, 16:45
Hello

The virgin flight sounds like good value at £340, who did you book with??

As you say why fly charter when you can fly Virgin and avoid all the extra hassle of being cramped in for 10 hours!

kevinprewett
02-02-2004, 17:31
quote:Originally posted by NadimAshiq

Hello

The virgin flight sounds like good value at £340, who did you book with??

As you say why fly charter when you can fly Virgin and avoid all the extra hassle of being cramped in for 10 hours!

Hi,
try www.travelselect.co.uk.- Virgin MAN-MCO 24Feb. out - 3 March inward 337.20 inc. of tax
[msnwink]

markfried
03-02-2004, 02:32
any chance of setting up some sort of Maxtrix/Scattergraph by route, date travelled, airline, cost and whetehr it was booked by someone or just 'seen' so it can be seen how things compare with each other.

I am happy to figure something out.

orlandobabe
09-02-2004, 21:09
I found it on the teletext.

When I first rang up -she said they were Gatwick only-when I said I wanted Manchester-she suddenley produced these two.

Hubby went ape. Thought it was far too expensive for Feb-but I wanted to go-period!

Nigel W
10-02-2004, 19:14
On May 9th we are travelling with Virgin for 16nights and that has cost us £349 internet is far more expensive than phoning virgin travelstore on 08700 664477 and ask for David extension 1030. We love the hassle free service Virgin offers.

MrEktion
11-02-2004, 21:20
Floridavillas2go £349.00 from Manchester on May 9th for Virgin is a good deal. Must remember to give Virgin Travelstore a ring next time. And of course you get the benefit of going for more than 14 nights.

However it is still double what we are paying for a Travel City Fly Drive two weeks earlier. The planes are the same type 747-200's as well so it's basically £170.00 extra each for the seat-back telly, backpack and choc ice.[msnwink]

Personally I prefer to keep the money and I do really resent the fact the fact Manchester-MCO is always more expensive than Gatwick-MCO with Virgin due to the lack of direct scheduled competition.

My $0.02

Mr Ektion

Nigel W
12-02-2004, 00:40
I totally agree also about Gatwick are you flying from Manchester with Travel City because that is a steal, I would personnaly rather fly into Sanford also as it is a lot quicker to get out of the airport and by my pool with a cold beer. We looked at Travel city but it was ot as cheap.

MrEktion
12-02-2004, 04:04
quote:are you flying from Manchester with Travel City because that is a steal

Yes we are out from Manchester on 22nd April for 14 nights.

It was a good deal. I had been keeping my eye on the price and just between Xmas and New Year it dipped down from £249 to £179. Last time I checked the flight for the week after we depart was still at £199 but ours was back at £279.

We did fly with them once during July 2000 for £253 and on August 10th 2002 for £409 so I think it is possible to get a good deal even during the school holidays.

I have flown Virgin from Manchester before and thought the service and flight were very good but at the end of the day it's just a means of conveyance. Incidently I hear that Virgin are starting a service from Manchester to the Caribbean this Summer and I know TCD/European are starting Charters from Manchester to Vegas too.

Mr Ektion

MrEktion
12-02-2004, 04:21
On teletext at the moment

TCD prices from Man fly-drive 6th May £239 & 13th May £239.

Gatwick flights in late April at £189

Mr Ektion

Bazamor
12-02-2004, 18:46
Virgin Travel store are offering £340 inc tax from LGW to MCo for Dates in August(18th was one). Manchester is £375 inc tax. It appears they are Continental Flights but on Virgin aircraft but i stand to be corrected [msnwink]

lisag
12-02-2004, 21:12
Bazamor

I've actually just booked my flights and got them for £323 instead of £340 so even cheaper!! That's for 18th August travelling on Virgin flight through Continental codeshare. Bargain or what?!

Lisa aka Boo

poet123
12-02-2004, 21:22
is that a direct flight or do you need to change in atlanta?

dan
21-02-2004, 18:32
Airtours quoted 7 nights from Manchester in March £259.

Nigel W
24-02-2004, 14:35
I know sometimes Virgin use Air Iclandic planes but they have all the facilities of their own planes and there own crew also, so you cant really tel the differance. Never heard of anyone who has had this happen to them though.

24-02-2004, 23:49
quote:Originally posted by MrEktion

quote:are you flying from Manchester with Travel City because that is a steal

Yes we are out from Manchester on 22nd April for 14 nights.

It was a good deal. I had been keeping my eye on the price and just between Xmas and New Year it dipped down from £249 to £179. Last time I checked the flight for the week after we depart was still at £199 but ours was back at £279.

We did fly with them once during July 2000 for £253 and on August 10th 2002 for £409 so I think it is possible to get a good deal even during the school holidays.

I have flown Virgin from Manchester before and thought the service and flight were very good but at the end of the day it's just a means of conveyance. Incidently I hear that Virgin are starting a service from Manchester to the Caribbean this Summer and I know TCD/European are starting Charters from Manchester to Vegas too.

Mr Ektion

I use Virgin from Manchester and have done since the service first started.

The Barbados flight should have started before Xmas but I was told by reservations that the route was not selling, therefore they continued the Orlando through the winter instead, that's probably why there have been some cheap tickets.

It will be interesting to see if they do the same next year, I drive passed the airport every day and there has been a spare Virgin aircraft park there all winter, cheaper parking fees than Gatwick!

25-02-2004, 00:01
quote:Originally posted by floridavillas2go

I know sometimes Virgin use Air Iclandic planes but they have all the facilities of their own planes and there own crew also, so you cant really tel the differance. Never heard of anyone who has had this happen to them though.

This happened to us in 1999 or 2000 can't remember which, but it was a nightmare and Virgin got a lot of hassle over the whole ordeal. They held there hands up and admitted they had made a big mistake, so I don't think it will happen again.

The aircraft they now use on this route are not UK registered aircraft , they have Icelandic registrations (I think they have two) but they have been completely refurbished in Virgin colours and equipment, cabin crew and pilots
they also try to use crew that live near Manchester airport.

orlandobabe
25-03-2004, 02:18
I've just booked on a Monarch flight-2 weeks-May 8th £339 from Newcastle.

I could have took a chance and tried to get it cheaper-we paid £299 in Oct-but I think we got the last seats-however I am so sick of all the hassle.

It meant we've had to put our holidays back by a week-I've been lucky that I had the space in the villa to do it-normally I have people booked in and around us.

Those TCD flights were a steal.

Nigel W
25-03-2004, 03:20
Were Do I Get Flight For July 2005.

blott
25-03-2004, 04:13
Flights aren't available until around 330 days before your return date so you need to either pre-register for a flight or try looking around from September 2004.