PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine and warmth on the way

SDJ
10-01-2010, 20:33
The good new is we only have a couple more days of chilly weather before it begins to warm up with temperatures reaching 70 by Friday. Today is cold but again the skies are blue and I expect the Parks will be business as usual. The comeraderie that we experienced at Animal Kingdom last week was fantastic. Everyone was talking to everyone about the weather but they were all hell bent on having a good time and even going on the water rides!! Maybe the cold spell brought out the best in people. I have noticed when in the UK, as soon as we get snow, people talk to each other when they pass on the street instead of maybe a grunt or heads down. So, there can be compensations for not so hot weather- we become more sociable[msncool][msncool]

Sandra

ellie
10-01-2010, 21:10
Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself, Sandra. You are so right about how things like this bring out the best in people. When walking in the snow to retrieve our abandoned car on the motorway we were greeted by people on the way who, as you say, would normally not have lifted their heads. It was lovely to see children on sledges holding onto the shopping, and families walking everywhere. Perhaps we should have more cold weather!

Hope the weather soon warms up, but at least you are still having a great time. Wish I was there, too, as it is really gloomy here and everything now looks SO grubby, horrid lumps of brown snow and ice everywhere.

chrizzy100
10-01-2010, 21:19
I was reading that many people are upset about the weather and its spoiled their holiday...very sad if it was a once in a life time thing....

The weather guy on the news was saying the cost of heating has hit many people in the south because their homes are not made for this kind of weather..

I'm hoping my tree's are OK they have done a few cold winters but I'm not expecting them to live through this amount of cold..

steph_goodrum
10-01-2010, 22:14
I could have predicted it 3 weeks ago that Friday would be the day it warms up , my niece comes home after 3 weeks there. She's been through a few hurricanes there and always seems to find extreme weather when she goes.