PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Cold

ujpest doza
08-01-2010, 21:14
And i just checked the Weather for Florida to cheer me up a bit and see it's forecast for snow in central florida with overnight temperatures expected to be as low as -4C in places:(

What's going on!!!!????

ShirleyD
08-01-2010, 23:26
It really is most unusual. Not the temperature so much, as that happens at this time of year, but the length of time it has stayed cool for.
But then I never expected one lot of deep snow in West Sussex, let alone two.... bring back global warming [msnwink]

lafifille
09-01-2010, 01:23
Actually global warming means the Gulf Stream gets cooler (all this ice melting up North). It's the Gulf Stream that's keeping us in a moderate climate. It's been calculated that if the Gulf Stream's temperature goes down 3°C we'll be living a new Ice Age. Let's hope it's just another one of those theories .[msnscared]
BTW, we're having snow in Bordeaux too, along with frost and sub-zero temperatures... brrrrrrr.
We should be going back to Fla next fall, and right now it sounds really good [8D]

freddiehollie
09-01-2010, 02:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
And i just checked the Weather for Florida to cheer me up a bit and see it's forecast for snow in central florida with overnight temperatures expected to be as low as -4C in places:(

What's going on!!!!????
[/quote]

Pretty sure its global warming:D:D:D

Appledore
09-01-2010, 14:56
Not sure where i'd rather be. At least home here i've got lots of warm jumpers to put on.
Elaine

normajohnp
09-01-2010, 21:45
Good point Elaine.[msnsmile2]

Lyn
09-01-2010, 23:36
Just added gloves and a scarf to my list for packing[msnsad]

luckylady
10-01-2010, 19:26
Anyone coming out to Orlando in the next few days, I suggest you pack a warm jacket, hat and gloves. Although the sun is shining brightly the wind is bitterly cold. As long as you are warmly wrapped up you will be fine [msnsmile2]

Winter jackets,hats and gloves usually plenty in the sales at this time of the year are hard to find at the moment.

SDJ
10-01-2010, 19:38
Barbara is right, there is not the normal choice for cold weather items. I was lucky on Friday and picked up a fleece lined waterproof jacket with hood (yes, we are in Florida[msnwink]) which had been reduced from $80 to $29.99 to $17!!! There were only 2 left so I quickly took mine to the till and got another 15% off. Bargain or what[clap]

Hoping I only need it next week as weather is due to warm up by Friday[msncool]

Sandra

mfairhurst
10-01-2010, 20:08
Wow that was a bargain at least you can take it home and you mkay need it in June or july in UK as it was cold last summer .
We left fleeces in our lock off and have needed them this week it is 27 f in our lania this morning so Brrrrr it is the coldest we have had here for years but still it is sunny .[msnsmile2]
We went to Macys yesterday and I got a few things in the sale and got a extra 11 % as so they were a real bargain .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

luckylady
10-01-2010, 20:11
I have checked the 10 day weather forecast as from today the weather will improve slightly everyday. As Sandra posted by Friday, we are in the low 70s again Halleluiah!!! [msnwink]

canarypam
10-01-2010, 20:55
Hooray great news [clap][clap][clap]

MarkJan
10-01-2010, 22:57
Back home in Manchester and enjoying the mild winter as much as the barbecue summer...

njstringer
11-01-2010, 01:36
We monitor the temperature in Kissimmee and in West Sussex. We have notice in the past week or so, on a couple of occasions, the temperature here has been slightly higher than over there.

I still know where I would rather be.

We here have this to look forward to for a few months. In Florida, within a week or so the temperature will hopefully return to normal.

keep smiling.

Nigel