PDA

View Full Version : Where to go??

lgordon6041
05-01-2004, 13:37
Good morning,

I am going out to my villa on Friday for 2 weeks but for the first week I am planing on driving around Florida a bit just to see something different. I am considering Miami and Naples. Are there any other areas that are a 'must see' in Florida, other than Disney World etc?
Your advice would be much appreciated

regards

Jill
05-01-2004, 17:14
We have just taken our 2 sons to Crystal River where they went swimmining in the water with the manatees. It is north west of Orlando and well worth the drive. Blue Springs is also nice state park near Orange City which has a boardwalk trail to the spring head and boat trips up and down the river. If you are in the Miami area my son who is studying at University of Miami and knows the area fairly well recommends a visit to Key Biscayne which has some very attractive parks and beaches. I am sure you will get lots of other recommendations but whatever you do we hope you have a great time.

blott
05-01-2004, 18:53
Try this amazing website for all sorts of unusual things to do in Florida http://www.unexpectedflorida.com/

NadimAshiq
08-01-2004, 17:56
Hello

The last time we visited we started off from Kissimmee and drove down the East coast and stayed at Vero Beach, the bottanical gardens are worth a visit at Vero. We then drove down to Ft Lauderdale and stayed at a Howard Johnson hotel which was literally on the beach which privided brilliant views of the sunset and sunrise etc. We then drove across the Everglades and stayed at Naples which is a nice place, but not loads to do. Further up at Fort Myers the Thopmas Eddisson museum is worthy of a visit and Tampa is a good stopover for Bush Gardens.
Remember in Kissimmee/Orlando you can go for an airboat ride, go horse riding which is all excellent fun.
Enjoy!

kevinprewett
11-01-2004, 13:47
quote:Originally posted by lgordon6041

Good morning,

I am going out to my villa on Friday for 2 weeks but for the first week I am planing on driving around Florida a bit just to see something different. I am considering Miami and Naples. Are there any other areas that are a 'must see' in Florida, other than Disney World etc?
Your advice would be much appreciated

regards

If you're down ft.myers way go to Sanibel Island.Spend some time at the Tarpon Bay Centre, rent a kayak or canoe and paddle through the mangrove swamps. You can take a guided tour or go yourself, the route is well marked out. Then drive to Captiva and have ameal in the "Bubble-room"

Kevin