PDA

View Full Version : Anna Maria's Island

lafifille
30-12-2009, 11:44
We have the opportunity to use a beach villa there and are thinking about going end october/ beginning november 2010.
I've found some infos doing a search on the forum about restaurants and activities, but a lot date way back, so I would appreciate some up-to-date input [msnwink].
I don't suppose Manny's has an extension there?:D

7165red
31-12-2009, 01:11
I would check out [website link edited] and go to the US/fl forum. You can post your question and many members will help you out. They have a AMI Destination Expert. From what I have read it is a very nice place to vacation.

lafifille
31-12-2009, 19:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by 7165red
I would check out [website link edited] and go to the US/fl forum. You can post your question and many members will help you out. They have a AMI Destination Expert. From what I have read it is a very nice place to vacation.
[/quote]

Thanks. I'm looking for info on other sites, but I've always had very good and reliable advice here, so I hope that after NYE some knowledgeable members will find my query[msnwink].

7165red
02-01-2010, 00:13
I agree this is a excellent site. I'm sure it will pick up after the new year. Happy New Year to you!

mistert
13-01-2010, 20:58
I can only speak for the one restaurant that we visited last March. The Rod & Reel Pier Restaurant. We had an excellent meal and were lucky enough to be sat on the balcony as the sun went down.
We had a fair wait for a table & they do not take bookings - just take your name on arrival & call you when a table is ready.

Its at the top end of the island, so if you are in the vacinity it's certainly worth a visit IMHO.

Suzy
14-01-2010, 13:13
Hi there, we've been going to Anna Maria for the past 15 years. There are numerous places to eat, but not the big names you see in Orlando, a few are Mr. Bones (a fun tongue in cheek experience) you select your drinks from an iced coffin! food is excellent and friendly staff, another good name is the Sandbar you can sit on the beach eat your meal and watch the sun set - heaven. Nearby is St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota with a good choice of eateries, if you need any more information please feel free to PM me

Sue

lafifille
14-01-2010, 13:15
Thanks!
Suzy I will probably do that when we get closer to our trip, thank you very much.

Suzy
14-01-2010, 21:14
No problem, we'll be out there early May so any questions fire away.

Sue