PDA

View Full Version : car booster seat

Gtyler
02-12-2009, 13:21
Can anyone clarify for definite if my 3 yr old will need a full baby seat for my hire car in Florida or can I take a normal booster seat and use it with the car's seat belt across his lap and shoulder. Please advise, many thanks.
I understand that my 6 year old has to use a booster seat in this way too, is that also correct. Any advice will be greatfully received.

blott
02-12-2009, 13:58
I think I already answered this here? http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_52919.asp

Infants/ Toddlers/ Young Children
Birth > 1 year/ Over 1 year/ Age 4-8 & over
At least 20-22lbs/ 20 - 40lbs/ 40 lbs unless 4' 9"

Type of seat Infant only/ Convertible/ Booster seat for belt positioning

Seat Rear position only/ Forward facing/ Forward facing

So Florida law says it has to be a convertible seat unless the three year old weighs more than 40 lbs, in which case just a booster seat will be OK.

Unless your six year old is taller than 4 feet 9 inches then they need a booster seat.

randyj
04-12-2009, 05:48
we get our rental from alamo and the last couple of years we rented the seat because prior years we were taking our own from the airport and they considered that seat as one piece of luggage which limited us of bringing home deals, the last year we took one the airport misplaced the seat coming home, which turned up a week later which the airport had the seat shipped to our home but we had no seat for our child to sit in for the ride home from the airport which was an inconvience.\

ukman
28-01-2010, 16:25
I normally go straight to walmart after picking up to buy a car seat or get my relative to bring one to the airport for me.