PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay?

roydavidson
04-01-2004, 05:29
Hi all, seeking to hire a villa for two weeks in October. 2 adults and two children (twins aged 7). Plenty of offers of accomadation but I do not know which is the best area in which to stay. Would prefer easy access to 'on site' social facilities but also retain privacy and quiet when at the villa! Disney needs to be quite close. Which community would best suited? Please advise.

Roy

Cowboy
06-01-2004, 00:35
Hi Roy,
You say you have many offers of accomodation. Did you get them from this site? If you have, then I feel sure you won't be disappointed.
In answer to your question re the the best places, I am afraid it is down to personal preferences. We, as owners, chose our homes because we liked the community and location and, thank goodness, we have different tastes and ideas, so we like our communities and areas in which we have our home from our own perspective.
May I suggest you look through the community section on this forum for ideas.

Mike.

hamptonlakes
06-01-2004, 03:57
Hiya Roy here is the link for the information on all the communities - if you have to spend a little time going through each community to find the community that suits you:

http://www.villasflorida.com/Communities.aspx [msnsmile2]

janice
23-01-2004, 16:24
Hi Roy,

We have stayed at Windsor Palms, off 192 at Splendid China. If you have young children, it's a great location. They have play areas, a small cinema, around 50 seats and the kids can choose what they would like to watch. It's good for Disney too.

bellaepovera
23-01-2004, 18:14
Hi Roy, Yes choosing the right community is a toughy as all the ones on here on orlandovillas.com and their sister sites are all so nice that the choice will be hard. Good luck and happy home hunting.

steph_goodrum
23-01-2004, 18:51
What you really need to try and look at is what sort of facilities you will actually use when you get there. Just taking the cinema at Windsor Palms as an example, although in theory you may be able to choose what the children watch, if 50 people turn up at the same time they obviously all can't get their chioce so you may prefer to look for a home instead that offers one or more video or dvd players so the children still have a choice but you can also get a bit of time relaxing as you can then do what you want in the villa (or pool) knowing they are safe and happy. All the additional facilities are usually reflected in the price charged so if you are not likely to use them would be unnecessary.
All the communities shown on these sites have proved popular for families and adults so have fun reading and choosing one, it's all part of the anticipation and excitement of the holiday.

lisi
24-01-2004, 16:06
Hi Roy
We stayed at Crescent Lakes after much seeking of information from this site - everyone was so helpful. It turned out to be a great base with easy access to wherever we wanted to go. But as I have said before - all the villas seem to be lovely and it is difficult to decide but I would happily go back to Crescent Lakes

Lisi[msnwink]

ianandsue
24-01-2004, 23:17
Yes there are absolutely loads of fantastic communities where you could stay - as suggested look at the communities on this site and see which one appeals to you - happy hunting and good luck!
Sue