PDA

View Full Version : Day trip to the beach

Ian Mcc
01-12-2009, 02:44
We are coming over in Oct 10 and would like to have a day on the beach, pref Gulf Coast , I know it can be reached in 60-90 mins but my question is are there clear signs that will take me right to the sea front and have parking on site, we will be staying on the Highway27, to do it in a day would be tight I know so I wouldnt want to waste too much time driving roung looking for the right spot, would like to have a day out and not just sit by the pool to ease the theme park indigestion. Any areas/beaches anyone can recommend or any hints /tips would be appreciated.[V]

ellie
01-12-2009, 09:07
We like Madeira Beach, which is just below Clearwater, as we like to get away from the hustle and bustle. There is plenty of parking right on the beach, in between the many condo buildings. You just feed the meter for however long you want. There are walkways through from the car parks to the beach itself. There is also a fishing pier close by.

Close by is the lovely St John's Pass Boardwalk with lots of interesting little shops, and some great restaurants serving fresh fish etc. You can also pick up a Pirate ship from here, or go on a boat trip to see manatees and dolphins.

To get there just follow the signs once through Tampa. It is not a long journey from our villa, but can't say how long it would take from other developments. We usually allow about one hour and a half, depending on when we go and traffic conditions. The roads are good.

Hope you have a great time, Ian![msncool]

Pookie
01-12-2009, 11:34
Rotonda West takes 2 n 1/2 hours from MCO, via I4 and onto I75.

Manasota Key or Middle Beach is to the north of Rotonda West has free parking no high rise and is just beach, great for sharks teeth and if early Dolphins in number head past this beach on their way to Gasparilla Sound to feed.

Pack up the cooler and stay for the day really relaxing. I would think the journey would be 2 hours.

Lynne

mfairhurst
01-12-2009, 14:46
If you go to Maderia Beach you have to pay for car parking as said before, But if you a little further along to Treasure Island you can park for free on the right just through the traffic lights . There are toilets , showers so if you go onthe beach you can wash your feet of before you all get in the car .
Publics is just across the road it is a new one last year also a coffee place not sure of the name of it also you can get food .
Every sunday on the each they fly kites and you can buy one ,you can walk a long way on the beach either to St Petes Beach or the other way to Johns Pass were there are shops , cafe"s resturants and you can go on a boat to see the dolfins , Some times you get a glimse of a Dolfin in the water way at Johns Pass and the Pelicans .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Nielsen
01-12-2009, 15:01
St Petes Beach was lovely when we did the trip from Hwy 27 this October.
We parked in a public carpark where there were toilets and shower to wash off any sand.
The car park is just down from the hotels and I was lucky enough to get a massage on the beach followed by a nice drink in a hotel beach bar while the kids played on the beach.
Lovely day out and as suggested above, pack a cooler, but be aware of the seagulls they are very cheeky....

If you want more info and maps drop me a msg.

TOM

mfairhurst
01-12-2009, 17:01
TOM The car park you are talking about is next to the apartments Gulf Strand and it is across the road from Publics and other shops and eating places lovely area .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx