PDA

View Full Version : Budget at Port of Miami?

ChrisCald
28-10-2009, 01:43
Is it easy to get from the downtown Miami location of Budget to the Port of Miami? We are a family of five. Will Budget drop us off or are taxi's plentiful and large enough for all of us and our luggage? We are Canadian so our only option is Budget with Florida car hire.

Jill
28-10-2009, 12:14
I would probably ring the local office in Miami and ask them how best to get to the cruise terminal.

I am not sure exactly which location you mean by downtown - do you mean Collins Avenue or SW 8th Street. You ought to be able to pick up a taxi okay on Collins for 8th St I would probably book a cab in advance. If you are dropping off at the airport (all Miami car retnals are off site) you could get the free shuttle bus back to the terminal and then get either a taxi or a shuttle bus to the port.

ellie
28-10-2009, 15:09
Hi Chris. I am not quite sure which depot you want to drop your car off at. If you are going on a cruise then the simplest way is to drop it off at Miami Airport.

If you can drop off your car at the main Budget depot near Miami International Airport then there is a free shuttle bus service to the port. I do not know about the other Budget locations.

If you want a taxi then make sure you ask for a minivan to pick you up. We have never had a problem getting taxis in Miami.

ChrisCald
28-10-2009, 17:38
Thank you for your information. I was thinking about the location on 8th Street. I never even thought about the airport.

Jill
28-10-2009, 19:17
The 8th Street location is not a tourist location but is in the Brickell District and, from memory, this is more a car dealer, business type area, however the buses do run through that area! My own preference would the airport drop off as there will be lots of taxis plus the shuttle bus goes to the cruise terminal.

ellie
28-10-2009, 22:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ChrisCald
Thank you for your information. I was thinking about the location on 8th Street. I never even thought about the airport.[/quote]Chris, if you are going on a cruise you are halfway to the port if you drop the car off at the airport, and they offer free shuttles every few minutes to the port, so I would suggest using this as the drop off point. They also have shuttles back from the dock when you return.

Hope this helps.