PDA

View Full Version : February weather

gpullan
14-10-2009, 02:07
Going to Florida Feb 12th to 26th. I've seen all evidence on average temperatures etc...

What i'm interested in is actual thoughts rather than averages.

So.... Who's been in February and what was it like through the day and at night. There's a full range of ages going from 62 yrs down to 10 weeks old and would like to get an idea about what clothes are likely and how comfortable it will be in the parks, in the villa pool, at night etc..

Thanks in advance for any advice.

SDJ
14-10-2009, 06:02
You will need a varying selection of clothes. It can change from day to day and can be in the high 70's one day and low 60's the next day and sometimes even lower if anything like last year. Fortunately even with the lower temperatures the sun is usually shining though. It should be very comfortable for visiting the parks and you will need heating for the pool as it will lose a lot of heat overnight.

It should be a pleasant time of year.

Katys Grandad
14-10-2009, 07:05
You're right to take little notice of 'averages'. The average high temperature is arrived at by taking the high of each day in a month and dividing that by the number of days. The problem is that an individual day's high and low might only be reached for a very short time and bear little resemblance to how warm (or cold) it actually was throughout.

For me, the big difference of the months like February is the time it takes to reach a comfortable temperature in the morning and the time it goes dark (and therefore cooler). I've found it can be quite chilly until around 11 a.m. in February and starts to cool down from about 4.00 pm. That said, the days are sunny and you'll get a good few hours of warm weather but be prepared to put a few extra layers on early in the morning and in the evening when it goes dark.

MarkJan
14-10-2009, 10:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
You will need heating for the pool as it will lose a lot of heat overnight.[/quote]If the villa has a pool blanket, ensure it is kept on when the pool is not being used and you will keep a lot of the heat in.

E. Cosgrove
14-10-2009, 11:29
We always go in Feb, always wear T shirts, shorts, and swimsuits and always come home with a sun tan.... BUT....evenings and early mornings are often chillier, we have had frost and we have had the odd day when it has never really got warm although it has never been consistently cold for the whole holiday.

A nice quiet time to go with very little queueing for the rides or for restaurants.

Just booked for next Feb, our 6th consecutive year of visiting at this time[8D]

gpullan
14-10-2009, 12:25
Great, thanks for all the advice.

We are also planning on going back down to Siesta Key one day. We did this last October and it was lovely, is February still beach and swimming in the sea weather??

I think we will keep a selection of clothes in the car / under the pram in case it drops cooler.

Good to know that the chances are it will still be warm.

Last October was an untypical cold spell over there if anyone remembers and we still found it to be nice and the kids loved the pool.

SteveandJan
14-10-2009, 15:41
We have been in February before and mostly warm sunny days, occasional grey day but overall very good

mfairhurst
14-10-2009, 16:02
We have done 8 weeks in FLORIDA from December to Febrary and the thing we like most it only rain twice in all that time and still got a tan it is the dry season ,Take a jumper for the men or cardigan for the ladies ,It makes you feel good with the fresh air .
Enjoy your time I am sure you will .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/vilas.1683.aspx

becbecs
14-10-2009, 21:20
Warm Days & Cold Nights

A fleece for the evening time isn't a bad thing but during the day its plenty warm enough, or it has been when we have been in Feb.