PDA

View Full Version : speed cameras?

blackhearts84
10-10-2009, 08:10
Hi guys just a quicky..

I have just driven back from tampa to kissimee and im paranoid i got flashed by a camera, i wasnt speeding tho?? Is there actually speeding cameras, or is it just police with cameras?

Also how do you know if you have got a fine?

LongLeaf
10-10-2009, 08:23
Hello,

If it's a rental car, I would guess that they send the fine to the rental C° who will then send it to you.

Katys Grandad
10-10-2009, 10:34
If you weren't speeding you might be worrying unnecessarily.

blackhearts84
10-10-2009, 16:33
ok thanks. Is there speed cameras tho? Or is it just the police with cameras?

flyrr100
10-10-2009, 16:53
As far as I know, we have no speeding camera's in Florida. The only cameras we have in Orlando are at intersections to stop people jumping or running red lights.
I've been snapped by cameras in The UK while visiting and have never seen a fine or a bill. In fact there's one in Whitton that I regularly give a wave to as I speed by!

I'd suspect the same would apply if you were visiting here in a rental car.

blackhearts84
10-10-2009, 17:02
Thanks very much for your reply.

I wasnt speeding but i kept seeing bright flashes! which made me paranoid even though i wasnt speeding. So if you were speeding and you were caught by a cop they would then pull you over?

SDJ
10-10-2009, 17:31
You would be pulled over and the sheriff's car would have the lights flashing.

Don't forget, if you are driving past a sheriff's car that is stopped and has it's lights flashing on any Interstate road, you need to pull over to another lane so there is one clear lane between you and the car, plus you have to reduce your speed - I think it has to be around 10mph.

Have a good time, keep to the limits, and you will be fine.

Sandra

trupial
11-10-2009, 03:28
Was pulled for speeding in South Dakota in a rented car by a state trooper while working there.I wasn't the one doing the driving but fancied a shot one lunch time.We were working on a windfarm so drove to a town called Pipestone for something
to eat.Anyway I had the bright idea to drive back(5 mile or so)mainly a straight road, we were the only car on the road
apart from this car coming towards us that turned out to be a patrol car, it passed us and went out of sight, but appeared
in my rear view mirror with the red and blue lights on. Ended up with just a warning thankfully.
That was my first time driving in the States.