PDA

View Full Version : Resort Communities -which is best

johno
31-12-2003, 17:44
Hello to All,

We are looking to purchase a home or condo in a resort community to use perhaps twice a year and rent out to cover costs etc.

We have looked at Villas at Island club and Lake Marion Golf resort, we dont want to pay more than around $100,000.

Can anyone offer any advice... is Lake Marion too remote.. thats my main concern that it fails the location location test. However what does attract is that its an Interval International resort so hopefully would be able to swap for weeks elsewhere in the world

Anyone have any opinions or ideas on this???

Debs
31-12-2003, 19:47
There is probably not a straight answer to this one John!! The thing is everyone looks for different things in a holiday. Some people want to be close to the action and others want to be quiet.

I think the general opinion though is that it is harder to rent a condo as most guests seem to want their own pool - some other owners will probably post on this thread and give their opinion which will hopefully help towards your decision.

But I guess you need to go for what suits you and your family both in location, facilities but above all pocket - the most important thing is to be able to cover all your expenses.

Hope that helps.