PDA

View Full Version : medical

jimbo
31-12-2003, 02:44
We are selling out house to buy a business in Florida via e2visa.
But recently I had to go to hospital for some tests on my heart. I suspect everything will be ok. Can you tell, me do I need to go through a medical to obtain my visa? Or do I have to produce medical records?

Jimbo

esprit
31-12-2003, 07:15
You wont get proper US medical insurance for two years. What you will get is expats insurance. We didnt have to produce records, just answer questions regarding previous illness. We pay $100 each oer mont with a $5000 excess. With a lower excess, it was much dearer. I find insurance of all types expensive here, car as well. Be careful. Some scheister agent tried to get us to lie on the form to say we had been in the US for two years to get US medica; insurance. It would likely totally have invalidated the policy but this bloke didnt care for anything but hos won commission. He went in hard sell mode. It took weeks to shake him off.
Be very careful with E2 with the business you buy, Get two accountants to look at it before you buy. You hear some horror stories here, like a furniture pack company that turned out to be essentially just a catalogue.

blott
31-12-2003, 07:55
As far as I'm aware, you don't have to have a medical when applying for an E2 visa as it's not a residental visa. However, as Esprit has said above, you may have problems in getting medical insurance when you're in the US.

In some instances, you may be able to obtain better insurance by taking out an ex-pat policy before you leave the UK for your first two years. Various companies do these such as BUPA, PPP, IMG, etc - if you do an internet search for ex-patriate health insurance you should find some to choose from and compare.