PDA

View Full Version : Esprit

SHEEP
30-12-2003, 21:22
Hi does anyone have any experience of Esprit community ?
Thanks

Sean and Clan

mm69340
31-12-2003, 04:33
YUP and we LOVE IT!!!

phil moloney
31-12-2003, 06:17
Yes it is a terrific community. Great for kids too!

esprit
31-12-2003, 06:53
Me too. Good mixed community ( about 35% residents) behind the bank at the junction of 192 and 27. Right on Lake Daevnport with boardwalk access for fishing. Par 54 golf course runs right through it and many of the houses back onto this. Big communal pool and tennis and basketball courts. Mostly three and four bedroomed homes between three and seven years old. Shares one access road with Daevnport Lakes. Are you thinking of renting or buying there?

SusieDozOrlando
31-12-2003, 14:55
Espirit was the first community I ever stayed on in Florida, and probably one of the best. The house we stayed in was absolutely huge and beautifully decorated and even though we may have stayed at other developments since, I honestly think that particular house was my favorite ever.[8D]

Seminole
31-12-2003, 16:28
Very nice, small community on an executive golf course that winds through it. Friendly local residents who are happy to chat with you if you'd like to take a walk around the neighborhood. You'll feel comfortable there and it is reasonably close to the attractions. In fact, Julie (two posts above) has a lovely villa there worth investigating on her webpage.

SHEEP
01-01-2004, 00:25
Thanks for the replies,we stayed in Crescent lakes early this year but we are looking at trying somewhere new and it looked good with the very local shops etc and being at the other end of the 192

steph_goodrum
01-01-2004, 00:31
Hi Sheep
Nice to see you back. Best wishes to all the family for the New Year, and hope all the family are now in good health.
There are lots of nice developments at that end of the 192 on Hway 27. I'm not sure when you are looking to go but theres a new Walmart being build scheduled to open in 2004 just north of 192 and many new shops etc. We have to explore each time we go just see whats new since last time.

SHEEP
01-01-2004, 18:18
Hi Steph Best wishes to you and your family as well,We are all in excellent health since Carolines heart op and are looking forward to hopefully going for our second wedding anniversary in Feb 2005(as we got wed there:D:D)and were looking in to the possibility of trying somewhere new. On a different subject has anyone had any experience of Hypnotism or something to combat FEAR OF FLYING,someone i know[:I][:I]lol is absolutely terrified of flying and although it wont stop them going to Florida in Feb...oops[:I]the thought of spending 9 hours on a plane scares me to death i know im a big baby:Dbut i really want to enjoy the whole holiday,which leads me to wonder if the Pope is scared of flying and thats why he kisses the ground when he lands???

Sean and clan

esprit
01-01-2004, 19:51
Seminole omits to mention that he is one of the "friendly local residents" as he lives there being one of the full time American residents of the community!!

Seminole
01-01-2004, 20:33
Sadly, Julie, I recently had to sell my villa on Esprit and did so very reluctantly but needed the equity for another property that I had been excited about for some time. Sold to a very nice English couple and having spent a considerable amount of time designing and planting the gardens with tropical plants I enjoyed writing them with a description of which plant was from New Guinea, Brazil and so forth. Thanks for the compliment and hope your business is doing well.

millie
04-01-2004, 00:15
WE stayed at Angleas villa in esprit in 2003 and thought it was great. Travel times to Disney etc were short and access on to the road was easy. Publix etc very close by. We found the area to be very quiet and peaceful and enjoyed every minute! Have a lovely holiday!

Kissyme
04-01-2004, 15:16
Hi Sheep
Don`t know if this will help with fear of flying but it did the trick for me My son (brainy) worked out how many Virgin planes took off (and more importantly)landed from Gatwick alone in a day multiply this by 365 and you have a huge amount of planes that get where their going without misshap. Also every time I thought of flying and felt nervous I would say to myself thousands of planes take off, land and every one has a great holiday, in the end I said it so many times it was if I had kind of hypnotised myself needless to say I had the best flight I`d ever had and felt really proud of myself when we landed at Orlando feeling fresh and excited as opposed to exhausted after being terrified for 8 hours. Have a great time in Feb and a Very Happy 2004[msncool]

SHEEP
04-01-2004, 20:34
Thanks Kissyme I dont know why I am so terrified of flying I used to love it then one day I was flying and suddenly it hit me!I was scared I Was thinking of trying hypnosis or something as Ive read books that explain how safe flying is and although the rational part of my brain says its safe when I get on a plane I just know we are going to crash and die:D:Dbecause all four engines are going to fail because someone filled the tanks with water instead of fuel by mistake and the pilot is suicidal because his wife left him and shes on the flight the wings are going to fall off because the rivets holding them on were made by a guy with a grudge against Virgin and this is just a small section of things going through my sad little head during those LOOONGGGG 9000 HOURS to Florida:D:D:DIt wont stop me going to Florida even though you drop at least 10,000 feet due to turbulance and the crew have fixed smiles to hide the obvious fear they have because that ping on the speaker isnt really someone wanting a drink but in fact a warning that the wheels have just fallen off .The end result still outways the terror i go through but like you I would love to get on the plane and feel that the journey was the start of the holiday.:D

Sean(scared)and Clan(not scared think im nuts)

blott
04-01-2004, 21:31
Sean, I'm with you all the way here... :( I've decided it's something to do with being in control and, in an aircraft, the passengers are definitely not. It's also to do with some unfortunate flying experiences in the past, like overshooting the runway and having to fly with the generators not working, etc! [:O] This is from a person who bought a Florida home and flies there twice a year...

I've found that it's better for me if I have a window seat and then I can see that every 'bank' the plane makes or each change in the engine noise or each unusual sound doesn't mean that we're going to crash as I can see we're still 'up there' as the evidence is right outside my window. If I know I can see if we're going to crash and then convince myself that we're not, then I'm much happier. If there's anyone not walking around or visiting the loo on board the plane, that'll be me as I don't want to leave my security window in case 'something' happens because I'm not watching!

You can do fear of flying courses with BA from Heathrow (don't know if they do them based on any other airport) but they're quite expensive. Apart from the window 'thing' I haven't tried anything else but knowing I have a window seat at least calms me down a bit so that I don't get totally twisted up in knots before we even take off.

SHEEP
04-01-2004, 21:54
LOL Thanks Blott at least I know theres someone as mad as me out there:D:DIve thought about these fear of flying courses but apparently they are crash courses and hey we dont want to go there now do we!!!:D:D
Sean(going to go by boat)and clan

neilandkay
05-01-2004, 06:44
I always think, as long as the flight attendants are standing up and walking about, things must be good. That keeps me a little sane. I never used to worry about flying, having flown by myself several times (including accross the pond). Then one day that all changed.

My husband flys a fair amount with his job, and I still ask him to call me when he lands, or if it is a transatlantic flight I stay awake until I know that if there was a problem, I would have heard about it. Silly I know, but there you go. Like Sean, it is nice to know that there are others out there....

--Kay

blott
05-01-2004, 06:50
I wonder how much it is by ship Sean? I'm not in any rush to get there or back... [msnscared]

Kissyme
05-01-2004, 12:11
i have to admit that sitting by the window is a big part of me feeling safe every time there is a little turbulance I look at the wing and tell my self we are only bobbling about because the wing is going through a cloud it`s funny just how many people are nervous about flying and I agree that it`s a control thing we are not in charge of the plane so therefore we cannot decide what the best course of action is at any given time. I am the same when my husbands driving !!! and would love duel controls cos you know he has`nt seen that dodgy person yards away you could without doubt warning pull out on you [msneek]!!

DISNEYDIVA
05-01-2004, 16:17
Sean, i draw great comfort from your post in knowing i am not alone with my wild thoughts while 37,000 feet above the water. I had a good chuckle while reading it, many similar thoughts have gone through my head. I sit rigid the whole flight listening to every creek and change in engine sound. This year we are going with family and 4 year old granddaughter, i will have to be fearless for them.
Usually a couple of stiff whisky's to start with help. ;)

SHEEP
05-01-2004, 23:08
Perhaps we should start a support group we could call it V.I.L.L.A.S (V.ery I.nsecure during L.anding,L.ooping A.nd S.oaring):DOh by the way Blott boats can sink (didnt you see Titanic):DAhh well theres always the Disney planning dvd a paddling pool and a good imagination

Sean(getting silly know)and Clan

Seminole
06-01-2004, 02:33
Just a thought but if you have any fear of flying, you definately want to buy in Florida rather than Spain. It's the short jaunts and frequent landings that put the most wear and tear on airliners. You know the old saying that it's better to buy a car with "highway miles" than one that has been driven only around the city.[8D]