PDA

View Full Version : Air Boat Rides

orlandobabe
12-02-2002, 17:57
Where is the best place to have of these. I've noticed a couple of places on the 192 and there's supposed to be a good one at Poinciana and of course there's one at Boggy Creek.

So if you've tried them-I'd be delighted to know you're favourite.

Orlandobabe

carole7007
12-02-2002, 22:59
We have been on the Airboat rides in the Everglades and this Christmas we tried the ones at Boggy Creek.

They where probably just as good compared to the Everglades, we had to wait about an hour but there is a cafe there and we had a nice meal at a reasonable price.

There is also Airboats at marker 15 on 192 which you can drive yourself.
We havent tried them !!!!

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 21:56
At the Boggy Creek ones-did you get to see much wildlife. Does your driver point out the different birds etc!

I don't know whether I'd trust my lot to drive-I think I'd prefer a driver till I see what they are all about!

Orlandobabe

Carla
13-02-2002, 22:19
We were very lucky at the Boggy Creek airboat place. We went late in the afternoon (about 5pm) and were the only ones on our boat. The driver took us all over the place and stopped everytime there was anything interesting. We stopped for about 10 minutes near an Alligator nest and just watched the babies. It was lovely.

porky
13-02-2002, 23:16
We went on the drive yourself ones one year, what a disappointment. The kids were not amused, they didn't go fast enough, there was nothing to see and you couldn't go very far down the river before having to turn around again. Dad saved the day on the boredom scene by trying to see how close to the bank he could go and got stuck in a tree root. It took the help of a canoeists paddl to get us out. This was the highlight of the trip.

Jacqui

athurstance
14-02-2002, 17:15
We went on the Boggy Creek one and I would recommend it. Our boys were 6 and 4 then and they loved it. We didn't see a huge amount of wildlife apart from birds and the odd alligator but it was still great fun.

deluxevillas
19-02-2002, 03:25
We have been on the air boat ride on Lake Taho (I think thats what it is called) down the road a little way from Pointsiana. Great fun, use the coupon for a discount. Driver (Pilot?) knows all the right places for wild life including alligators nests. Boy are those mothers angry when you come near their nests. Sorry about that, I really do mean the mothers!
Some of our family went to stay at our villa last year and the teenage boys and their parents really enjoyed the canoe rides on the 192. Surprised me but there you go.

blott
17-03-2002, 21:11
Boggy Creek have two airboat ride locations, one at Southport (near Poinciana) and the other on East Lake Tohopekaglia (Toho for short!). Check out their website (http://www.bcairboats.com) for info and maps of how to get there.

Blott

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-11-2002, 01:35
We went on the Boggy Creek airboats this morning and it was 57 degrees. Was absolutely freezing on the boat (we should have brought some coats) but great fun nonetheless. Saw quite a few gators who were sheltering from the chilly wind in the reeds.

Would fully recommend it but definitely on a warmer day.

blott
24-11-2002, 02:34
Glad you enjoyed it as it's Mum's favourite ride in the whole of Florida and she'll be delighted when I tell her! It can get chilly even on a hot day as the boat whizzes along quite fast and you're out in the sun with no shade so a cover up any time is a good idea!

blott
21-01-2003, 17:07
Tried out the Southport (Poinciana) location of Boggy Creek Airboats recently in the company of Julie & Terry Carty. As we usually go to the East Lake Tohopekaglia location, it was a slightly different experience for us although Julie & Terry had never been before.

We thought that the Southport one was heaps better for spotting alligators and saw some quite big ones (about 8 feet) with which we were in very close proximity! There were also some interesting birds to spot, including a fish eagle. As always with Boggy Creek Airboats, the driver was very knowledgable, gave some good info and answered lots of questions.

As with the East Lake Toho location, there's a cafe and souvenir shop in which we whiled away our 25 minute wait with a drink.

SunLover
27-07-2003, 07:32
We've always driven by Boggy Creek (usually en route to Home Depot !) but never actually stopped.

How much does a trip cost, and how long does it last ? :D

blott
27-07-2003, 16:23
It currently costs $17.95 for adults, $12.95 for kids 3 - 12 (2s and under are free) plus tax and the tours last around 30 mins. No booking required. Night tours are $29.95 per adult, $24.95 for kids and last for an hour but you need to book for these.

Check out their video at http://www.bcairboats.com/video.html

chrisj
24-08-2003, 02:34
Cheers Blott

Checked the site out and thats one trip we are going to book for next year, only need another
12 non theme park ideas.

Chris