PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2009 - new to Florida!

clairem
11-09-2009, 05:38
Hi, I am new to the forum but have been reading the forum all night (great advice so thanks so far!). Sorry if this repeats anything I haven't yet read but we are going to Florida for the first time (with grandmother and our 3 young children (6,3,1)) for 2 weeks from Dec 21st.....we realise that it is a busy time (but hopefully also magical [msnsmile]).

Any top tips for Xmas with youngsters much appreciated- our thoughts at this stage are to book a base 7 day ticket with maybe a one day water park and then Discovery cove as really keen for this (grandmum offered to take the 2 little ones whilst we swim with our 6 yr old). This is after some reading...but any advice gratefully received! We have already booked a villa and plan to spend Christmas Day by the pool. Will Discovery cove be too cold and unpleasant at this time of year for the little ones? Do you have to pay for parking daily or can this be included in cost of ticket anywhere? Thanks.[8D]

christhear
11-09-2009, 13:24
Hi Claire

Personally with children of your age I would not bother with a water park at the time of year you are travelling.

Discovery cove can be hit and miss, we had a very cold day in December when my son was 7 and it did put a damper on the day - th eproblem is you can not predict the weather. This is an expensive day so you really need to think about it.

Parking at disney has to be paid each day and is currently $12 a day, if you move parks the ticket is valid for another park on the same day. Best thing to do is get to the parks early and possibly go back to the villa in the afternoon for a rest and back out in the evening. I would try not to do the parks in consecutive days, and as you say you are not going Christmas day so that should help a bit.

Enjoy your holiday

SDJ
11-09-2009, 13:43
Take them to Celebration to see the 'snow' falling. It happens every evening on the hour (I think the first snowfall is 7pm) and is quite magical for the kids and costs nothing. Plenty of places to eat there as well.

Have a wonderful time.

Sandra

clairem
11-09-2009, 16:44
Thanks so much for the advice - we wont do a waterpark then, still undecided about DC, will have to have a careful think...Celebration sounds great. Thanks again

Karen
12-09-2009, 01:14
and go to "Ice" at Gaylord Palms with a meal there afterwards. If you do a search for Ice on this forum you will find a few threads about it.

clairem
13-09-2009, 22:41
Thanks Karen, have looked at ICE and definitely now on our agenda!