PDA

View Full Version : What's different at Christmas?

orlandoaddict
04-09-2009, 02:37
Hi everyone,

I've been reading posts on here for a while and finally decided that it was time to join in!

Was wondering if any of you who have been to Orlando at Christmas could help me out?

We've been to Orlando quite a few times before, but never at Christmas. This will probably be our only trip at Christmas so we want to concentrate on all of the Christmas stuff, and not worry too much about the things we can do at other times of the year.

Our list so far is:

MK for MVMCP
HS for Osborne Lights
Epcot for Carols / Decorations
Universal for Macys parade
IOA for Grinchmas
Ice at Gaylord Palms
Celebration for snow

Have I missed out anything?

We are thinking that we won't bother with Animal Kingdom, Seaworld and Busch Gardens as we've heard that there isn't anything that different about them at Christmas than in the summer - Is that true?

Any other ideas of other things to make our holiday extra special would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help. [clap][clap]

floridageoff
04-09-2009, 16:09
A few years ago we went on Walt Disney World’s Yuletide Christmas Tour. If you would like to read our article please click the following link http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/yuletide-christmas-tour.aspx

Also the Candlelight Processional at Epcot
http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/candlelight-processional-2007.aspx

CERICROWLEY
04-09-2009, 19:12
If you have tickets for Disney, it would be a shame not to go to Animal Kingdom as well, They do consider the animals first when it comes to decoration etc, but they still do christmas events etc there, They have the jingle, jangle pararde. And the Animal Kingdom lodge is wonderful decorated at Christmas as is many of the other hotel lobby areas, which are well worth a trip. Another treat is to drive around many of the communities around the areas, you will see some fabulous homes decorated for the holiday season. We have been going to Orlando at christmas for 7 years now and have loved every year. Well we have booked again this year. Kids have grown up enjoying it every time we go.

orlandoaddict
05-09-2009, 00:43
Thank you for the replies.

More things to add to my ever growing list!

It's going to be a very busy Christmas!!!
[msnsmile]

Lyn
05-09-2009, 00:59
We were there last year on the run up to Christmas (came home on 22nd Dec) the Christmas tree at Sea World was lovely, also Wild Arctic show a different ride it is Polar Express, also down near the beluga whales there was a Santa Claus where all ages were queuing to have there photos taken, so I think you will find that wherever you go there will be some Christmas attractions.

mfairhurst
05-09-2009, 01:10
Florida is the besr place at Christmas do not forget to go round the houses at Celebration there are lots lit up and some of the private estates are as well .
We love it the shops pree christmas have sales on as well .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx