PDA

View Full Version : Dine with Shamu

Lyn
25-08-2009, 16:53
Hi thinking of going to Sea World for my birthday (60[msncry]) just wondered if anyone has been to the "Dine with Shamu" if so is it worth it. The quality of the food is important but more important is do you get a better Shamu experience.

florida4sun
25-08-2009, 17:05
we did it once and were very disappointed. interaction was pretty much non existent. Food was so so. For my 60th I would go for something a bit more special, perhaps a good meal. Or cirque followed by a good meal.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
Hi thinking of going to Sea World for my birthday (60[msncry]) just wondered if anyone has been to the "Dine with Shamu" if so is it worth it. The quality of the food is important but more important is do you get a better Shamu experience.
[/quote]

solanasunshine
25-08-2009, 17:26
We did this last week and we thought that the food was okay and the interaction with shamu and the trainers was very good - it must have altered since Martins visit.
You had your food and then the interaction and displays came after and lasted for about half an hour. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and would happily do it again [msnsmile]

pieman790
25-08-2009, 18:26
We did this a few years back and wish we had saved our money. Shamu was swimming around the small pool near to the restaurant but that about all it did. The trainer never said a word and the food was very average but expensive. It was one of my friends birthday on the day and he got nothing other than the waiter singing happy birthday.
We would have seen alot more and saved a packet if we would have taken a picnic into the Shamu show.

SunLover
25-08-2009, 18:42
I'd absolutely agree with Martin... treat yourself to Cirque du Soliel at Downtown Disney.

Now there's a real birthday treat.[clap]

Frosty
25-08-2009, 18:58
Check out this thread from earlier.

I gave my opinion there and also posted some pic's.

Thake a look:-

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_45978.asp

And regarding Cirque, check out a mans view of this (mine)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_47712.asp

Lyn
25-08-2009, 22:57
As I have said on other threads I love Cirque but took hubby there for his 60th & he was not impressed, neither were my kids. No taste my lot[msnsad]

Lesley S
26-08-2009, 14:22
We have done it twice now and thought it was worthwhile and value for money. Last time we were there we were these in Easter and on the front row right in the middle. We would definitely do it again.

Lyn
26-08-2009, 17:07
Thanks for all your messages, thanks Lesley think we will give it a go, I could watch the whales all day.