PDA

View Full Version : The future of Celebration township

scamhammer
26-12-2003, 14:36
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/custom/growth/orl-aseccelebration26122603dec26,0,2646917.story?coll= orl-home-promo

The above link will hopefully lead to an interesting article on the Celebration township.

Articles on this site are copyright-protected and normally available for free for seven days.

florida4sun
26-12-2003, 18:00
I was always under the impression that Disney would sell it off. There was talk of the Golf course being developed but I cannot see that happening. I think it is really unfair of Disney to dump its residents. They sold Celebration on the back of the Disney name and quality of service. Very few other comapnies can match this. Although I do agree that the stores could be more resident friendly. At the moment catering more to toursists.
Hooters in Celebratraion, tbere would be riots in the streets (well may be an EVC protest or two) :D

esprit
26-12-2003, 19:24
People who have bought in Celebration recently such as myself were told that there is a good chance that Disney will pull out of the town totally after the development terminates. The final village- Artisan Park- is just being started at the moment so that is a year or so off. Personally as someone who lives there, I welcome the idea of a more realistic town centre. Sure it is pretty as it is but this is more than a tourist attraction, 8000 people live here and they want to buy more than Tedddy bears and the glass fish referred to in the article in the town center. I am not sure about a hardware store as mentioned. When my husband told some neighbours that we had put up our own blinds rather than paying a firm $2000 to fit the house out with them, most people were horrified. You get the feeling few would want to put a screw in themselves even if they could buy one!! But some real stores would be nice. They are trying to address this with the Watertower development however that is not in the town center rather on the edge of Celebration near 192.
The Disney influence on the town is a lot less than people imagine. The shadow of the mouse falls very rarely over those who live their lives in the town rather than just visiting. I dont think personally that it will make that much difference. At the moment, it is just a case of "wait and see".
PS Terry says "yes please" to Hooters though I cant see it myself!! A fast food place much as McDinalds however would be great for the youth of the township who cant afford to east in the town center resturants. My son and his teenage friends, who dont yet have cars, bike or even walk up to 192 to the fast food joints at the moment. Its a long way!

orlandobabe
05-02-2004, 18:43
McDonalds in Clebration-faints!

Know what you mean though Julie!

markfried
05-02-2004, 18:45
i was under the impression Disney already had sold it off.

esprit
06-02-2004, 06:23
Only just. Lexin Capital bought the town center just last week. It will be run by Celebration Management Company, A consultation meeting between that and the local merchants was just held.