PDA

View Full Version : September weather

blueskies
08-08-2009, 18:44
Hi everyone been a while since I have been on here. Spent some time yesterday catching up on the various topics. This is still a great forum, with so much valuable information for anyone holidaying in Florida.
Have been to Orlando in October before and now we are thinking of going in September, and wondered if the weather/temperature is any different. Also does it tend to rain much in September.
Are the children in US back to school as well.
Many thanks - Any replies would be appreciated.

ukman
08-08-2009, 18:47
As of the weather it is very nice, a little cooler, but that would be nothing bad for us from the uk, as for the schools, i am sure they will be in school.

Southsider
08-08-2009, 18:56
We have been a few times in Sept and are going again this Sept. its always lovely and warm [msnsmile2] Its not been cooler when we have been there[msnscared]

SteveandJan
08-08-2009, 19:29
We haven't been in September since we had the children but we found the weather perfect. Not much rain and still very warm.

bubble88
08-08-2009, 20:33
Hey we went last september and are going again this september the weather is glorius...lots of sun its very humid but when isnt it lol As for the rain we had small cloud bursts of rain torrential for about 20 mins then clear sun again ...its wierd! The USA schools varie but i think Florida schools go back last week in august...Hope thats helps blue x

Clare R
08-08-2009, 22:32
I certainly don't want to be the voice of doom but whilst September can be great weather it is the month most likely for hurricanes. Having said that the State has been very, very quiet of late of severe weather; I just would like you to be aware of the possibility.

blueskies
09-08-2009, 17:38
Thanks everyone for your replies, they were very useful.
Think we will definately consider September.[msnsmile]

sammibabe
09-08-2009, 22:22
We went last September and it was such a good time to go we will go again at that time of year for our next visit. It was hot with some rain in the afternnon which didn't last long (and not every afternoon). We arrived at the tale of a tropical storm and there was torrential rain. Several hurricanes passed up through the gulf. What wsa amazing to us was that although hundreds of miles away we felt the effects from them. Very rainy and fairly strong winds for an afternoon. This didn't affect our day that much although we found the temperature did drop quite a lot on those afternoons. We knew exactly what was happening and when because we did become quite addicted to the weather channel[msnwink] Their forecasting was so spot on.