PDA

View Full Version : Any hints on car rental deals at present?

scamhammer
25-12-2003, 01:46
Any car rental/car hire deals available over the next couple of weeks. I need a few days. The recent deals all seem to be off for Xmas.

florida4sun
25-12-2003, 01:51
Cheapest deals are this very site. You will pay a premium for not booking a full week,

scamhammer
31-12-2003, 14:10
This site seems somewhat cheaper than the norm for weekly bookings. Which operator does it use? Is it one of the ones with long waiting times at the airport?

The rates for daily car hire seem to range from $20 a day plus insurance on weekdays.

lgordon6041
31-12-2003, 14:21
I have just been booking my car for 9th Jan and as I am only 21, I have had trouble as you can imagine.
I have managed to find a brilliant deal for drivers under 25yrs of age whereby you do not pay any surcharge. Im not sure whether I can advertise another site on this site but I will just delete it if I cant

http://www.usrentacar.co.uk/

under special offers with budget rentacar.

regards

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
31-12-2003, 17:53
We use Dollar and have on airport pickup at most Florida airports. I've never had a long wait yet [msnsmile].

quote:Originally posted by scamhammer

This site seems somewhat cheaper than the norm for weekly bookings. Which operator does it use? Is it one of the ones with long waiting times at the airport?

The rates for daily car hire seem to range from $20 a day plus insurance on weekdays.

brizzle
31-12-2003, 21:12
It took me 5 minutes at the Dollar desk to get the paperwork sorted at MCO.
This was booked from this site, highly recommended...:)

Brizzle

mprince
31-12-2003, 21:37
we used it over thanksgiving and it worked perfectly for us:)

betacam
31-12-2003, 23:02
ANYBODY USED AVIS AT MCO IS IT ONSITE OR A BUS JOB?

scamhammer
02-01-2004, 03:46
It was indeed Dollar that had the ninety minute queues. Staff were very rude to people who complained.

Maybe the people who organise the bookings from this site can get things improved in this respect.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-01-2004, 03:57
We've never had a queue at Dollar yet and the staff have been ok with us - perhaps you just had a bad day (I'm sure all car hire companies must have bad days sometimes). Certainly at MCO Dollar always have more representatives than any other car hire company I have seen there.

blott
02-01-2004, 05:43
We got our Dollar car, rented via this website, within two minutes and there was no-one else in sight when we arrived at 5 pm a week before Christmas. In fact, there were six staff members all fighting over who was going to serve us!

LesleyB
02-01-2004, 11:24
We had a 30 minute wait with Dollar in October this year. However, this was because our flight to Florida was delayed and then landed around the same time as three other flights from the UK, a lot of whom were also using Dollar. They did have a lot of their desks staffed, it was just the sheer volume of people.