PDA

View Full Version : Rip, Ride, Rockit?

BIGEYE
01-08-2009, 17:52
Any insider news as to when this ride is to open?

roger
01-08-2009, 18:46
On the news a couple of days ago it says it has been delayed again due to technical problems. The coaster is operatoinal (in terms of the trains are going round) with no riders. The comment was 'it will open when ready' so very vague. They say there are so many new features on this coaster, never been used before, that there are more problems to resolve than most other coasters.

The previous issue was with the lift system to take the car to the top. They had installed a new type of system, and it didn't work so they had to remove it and replaced it with a conventional lift system.

Even the staff don't know but when I've asked various staff members I get the impression they think it will be early Autumn.

pieman790
01-08-2009, 21:27
The same thing happened when they completed the Simpson ride. It looked like it was going to open last Easter but in the end it was quite a few a few week after before it opened.

ncmurray
02-08-2009, 03:31
What a pity! I was hoping it would be open when we visit next month[msnsad]

Nuala

ujpest doza
04-08-2009, 20:05
Hopefully it'll be open when we go in October.

lafifille
06-08-2009, 18:53
Well, I've watched the (empty) trains rolling on that attraction, and there's no way I'm getting close to it any time soon: talk about a vertical climb and plunge... [msnscared]. But the kids were really disappointed they couldn't ride it. Whenever it opens, it's going to be very impressive, and you really want them to solve all the technical problems they might have before you get on it [msnsmile2]!

Susan J
07-08-2009, 01:38
someone told us the other day they were taking experimental riders one evening..........so maybe nearer..........

Lindyloo
07-08-2009, 21:08
The kids were really disappointed that this ride was not open when we visited a couple of weeks ago. All the staff would say was 'it could be any day now'

Oh well - we will just have to go back again when it is open [:P]

rmns
15-08-2009, 14:07
I've been informed by friends that the manager
in charge of the ride expects it to open
tomorrow Sun 16th August 2009 [msnsmile2]

Grand opening on Labour Day Mon 7th September 2009 [clap]

I am also counting the days till we go
so I hope it does open soon
as it looks fantastic.

12 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes, 23 seconds
Neil

Mr G
15-08-2009, 17:13
It was running last night with people in so it must be nearing finbal testing.

Everytime we have visited Universal the carriges have been runing empty, yesterday they were full of people and last night it looked great all light up.

I keep watching the news and it states 'coming soon'

BIGEYE
15-08-2009, 17:16
Looks promising.

rmns
18-08-2009, 19:15
You probably all know by now that it did indeed open
well they have started soft openings anyway [msnwink]

can't wait to ride it [clap]
Neil

roger
19-08-2009, 02:21
As said, it did open on Sunday (soft opening). We have just come back from a day at Universal and it was open with a 2 hour queue. Looks great. We didn't bother queuing for it as we'll wait until it's open properly then we can use our Express passes (as it's in soft-opening mode they do not allow Annual / Express passes).

BIGEYE
19-08-2009, 06:40
Great news!

rmns
20-08-2009, 12:17
Universal Studios website now states ride as "NOW OPEN"

It also has its own microsite where you can preview different angle videos
and also hear the music tracks you can pick on the ride.
Ride looks great, can't wait [clap]

Neil

Mr G
20-08-2009, 17:15
Definitely fully open now.

We were there last night for a walk around.

allyjack
20-08-2009, 19:05
Rode it yesterday morning. Opens at 10 am in the morning and we were there at park opening . Let in to park at about 8.45 and went straight to ride. They opened it about 9.45 as queue was so long and hot. We were about 50th in queue so rode quickly. Great ride. Vertical climb is really weird. You feel like you are going to fall out ( well I did and so did the kids). No choice of music yet but music blasts out. Long ride too so had good time. Wait was 2 hrs for rest of day as far as we could see.
Attendant said it would be 10am every morning. Be sure to leave stuff in locker elsewhere or with someone else as we were queuing outside and people had to go to lockers inside to leave stuff and lost place in queue.
Enjoy everyone it was worth it but not as good as Manta ride in Seaworld which is according to my kids the best rollercoaster they have EVER been on.
Alison

darren hoe
21-08-2009, 16:11
there doing soft openings now but there's a 240 min wait

KH2508
21-08-2009, 17:16
Just curious, what's a soft opening? We're going on 26th October so hopefully it will be fully operational by then?

nicklangdon
21-08-2009, 21:01
Soft openings are where they open up the ride before an official opening date.It allows the park time to resolve any issues before open day.

ali

KH2508
21-08-2009, 22:29
Thanks Ali, here's hoping it's officially opened by the time I go.

Mr G
22-08-2009, 02:37
All the signs on the I4 state 'Now Open' they have been stating coming soon so I think it is open now.

From what we have seen it is running all day until the Park closes with full cars so looks like it is open to me.!

worthago
23-08-2009, 07:09
Hi there, we are in Orlando at the moment and have been on this ride.
The queue time was stated as 120 minutes but we got on it after 50 minutes. The kids (16 & 17) went first as we had bum bags which were not allowed so we had to do a 'bag share' - basically they went on first while we waited at the side and then swopped over when they came off. You get to choose a category of music and then a track when you sit in the car and it plays your chosen track at full blast throughout the ride - this is what they are testing at the moment - kids got audio on their go but we did not. The staff all have clipboards and ask you before you get off if you had audio or not. As we have Flex tickets we will be riding it again before we leave for home so will let you know what it is like with audio - the kids said it was awesome and the ride is like nothing else in Orlando and we all scored it 10/10!

ujpest doza
24-08-2009, 16:50
A girl at work went on it last week and said she was terrified!!

Seat restraint is just a lap bar not an over the shoulders type thing, said she had problems with the music and was as white as a a sheet after the vertical drop.

cantona
25-08-2009, 22:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
A girl at work went on it last week and said she was terrified!!

Seat restraint is just a lap bar not an over the shoulders type thing, said she had problems with the music and was as white as a a sheet after the vertical drop.

[/quote]
We rode this ride last week it fantastic, you don't do any loops so no need for a over the shoulder restrain. When you go up you cannot see the track, a very unusal feeling!!

Pluto
21-10-2009, 03:37
We went to Universal last week. Long queues first thing, then announced that the ride would not be opening. It did eventually open at lunchtime, so riders in our party queued for 75 mins! Went back to ride this again yesterday and it was not running again - the car was stuck at the top of the ride and they had a crane up to it trying to rectify the problem. So despited all the testing etc it's still not running smoothly.

ujpest doza
27-10-2009, 15:03
It wasn't working last sunday but was working when we went on friday.

It was disapointing to be honest, banged my head a bit on it and the ride was over much more quickly than we expected. The Hulk is much better.

The DVD is a bit of a rip off as well. My Sister inlaw paid $38.95 for the DVD and a photo expecting the DVD to be of the whole time they were on the ride. The DVD only actually shows them on the ride very briefly and the rest of the DVD is of advertising shots for the Rip Ride Rockitt with the mucic playing.

djdigitald
30-06-2010, 17:25
Went on this last week and i have to day it is by far the best coaster in an around Orlando and Tampa at the moment. Maybe because it is full of not seen before ideas or maybe it is because it is immitating a wooden style coaster with continuous air, i don't know. BUT it is the best!

ShirleyD
01-07-2010, 15:34
I have to agree and watching the video afterwards is just hysterical, especially when you are sitting with someone who is scared to death. I managed to do the whole ride with hands up, 'dancing' to I will survive [msnembarrased][msneek][clap]:D
Oh little things :D

djdigitald
01-07-2010, 18:06
I had a big reminicing session with 'Beastie Boys - Intergalactic'

lynnroy
02-07-2010, 16:42
God I hated it- came off as white as a sheet- never again!!
On the other hand my husband thought it was fab and did it twice. LOL

djdigitald
02-07-2010, 16:58
I would have done it twice as the queue wasn't long but we were pressed for time. It was dark though when we did it and that made it a lot better too!

kateydoodles
06-07-2010, 17:31
*sigh* it was meant to be open when we went to Orlando last year, but technical difficulties stopped this from happening. Pity, as I'm such a thrill seeker and I think it looks amazing!! [clap]

LFCGeorge
18-08-2010, 18:01
I rode it last month, it's very good especially the first drop and the first loop!

Although I think I still prefer The Hulk and Kraken :/