PDA

View Full Version : POPEYE & BLUTOS BILGE RAT BARGES

donny
29-07-2009, 20:31
on a scale of 1 - 10 how wet do you get on this ride[msnoo]?!!!

florida4sun
29-07-2009, 20:38
Sometimes 0 sometimes 10.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by donny
[/quote]

steelo
29-07-2009, 21:13
Deffinately a 10 for me every time, I love this ride:D

Albert the Frog
29-07-2009, 22:24
I have never been on this ride and stayed dry- I usually get absolutely soaked-and then i do it again-terrific!

MarkJan
29-07-2009, 22:33
Definitely a 10 for us. One word of caution though; our friends 6 year old insisted we had 3 consecutive goes in May and got off shivering quite badly. Might be worth having a towel available to wrap up in for the little ones. His 10 year old sister and I had swim wear on so dried off quite quickly.

The best water ride in my opinion.

owen3
29-07-2009, 23:05
Always a 10 for us, have never come off the ride dry.
Barbara

Jill
30-07-2009, 01:07
Only done it once and it was definitely a 10 and as it was December I wished I had taken a spare set of clothes with me.

andy_d
30-07-2009, 02:26
Just done it last week and a 10 for the 3 of us. I think you have to be lucky to even get away with 9 in fact they have a sign at the start that states that you WILL get soaking wet!

taylona
30-07-2009, 03:34
Always 10 for me too!

dcnurse
30-07-2009, 04:04
One of our favourites[msnsmile2] Always a 10 for us, wouldnt be as fun if not[msnwink]

eagleydo
30-07-2009, 08:43
definately a 10, every time.[clap][clap]

jolliffee
30-07-2009, 11:54
I still remember the first time we went on this ride, such a shock we got soaked; we were in normal street cloths. We also got a good soaking all the other times we have been on the ride. A 10 for us every time![msnsmile2]

pieman790
30-07-2009, 13:07
We have done this ride many times now and we have never ever seen anybody come off this ride dry other than the people wearing Ponchos. Even then they have wet hair/shoes. When you have done the ride you will see how hard it is to stay dry.
We normally take swim costumes and do this ride first thing. We come off and get changed into dry clothes. The shop near to the ride must make a fortune on new t shirts and towels.
Watch out for the people firing water cannons at you and enjoy

Jill
30-07-2009, 14:34
Watch out for the people firing water cannons at you and enjoy

We were lucky as it was December the water cannons were turned off. We had been warned about them but even if they had been on it would not have mattered as we were soaked by then anyway.

msmiff
30-07-2009, 15:13
'Fraid it only gets a 9 from us.
The 10's reserved for Ripsaw Falls ....
Pretty sure swimming would be dryer !!

mistert
30-07-2009, 16:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by msmiff
'Fraid it only gets a 9 from us.
The 10's reserved for Ripsaw Falls ....
Pretty sure swimming would be dryer !!
[/quote]
Likewise - went on Popeye & Bluto first, then thinking we couldn't get any wetter decided to go on Ripsaw Falls! - WRONG - we did get wetter!! Fortunately these were the last rides we had planned to do anyway & drove home with the kids having taken their skirts off & were sitting in wet knickers on top of towels with palstic bags underneath!

becbecs
30-07-2009, 17:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by donny
[/quote]

If its raining like when we were there then a 10

ShirleyD
30-07-2009, 19:57
It was a 10 for us!! All but one person got off drenched... well worth it though, best raft ride I have done :D Take a swimming costume and shorts to wear, then change back afterwards

lafifille
06-08-2009, 18:46
We loved it, but then again it was such a hot day.
I'm looking at the pictures I took there right now (I have a waterproof camera), and on a scale 1 to 10 I'd say... probably 12! :D:D:D Boy did we get soaked ...
But definitely a lot of fun: for a while I thought we were going to escape it, and then we got near this huge bucket... those who've been there know what I mean [msnwink].

Lindyloo
07-08-2009, 21:06
Definately a 10 everytime we have been on - got absolutely soaked this time. We love this ride :DIf it is a sunny day you will be fine though as you dry off pretty quickly

sammibabe
08-08-2009, 09:21
10 for us. Love all the rapid rides but think this is the best one

Southsider
08-08-2009, 18:49
Definitely at 10[msnsmile2] Its great fun!! Ive seen kids wearing their swimming costumes (sensible ones!!! )[msnsmile2]

wrightbuxton
10-08-2009, 14:58
Part of the fun is trying to work out who is going to get the wettest! But don't do what I did, I jumped off at the end because I was soaked and too busy laughing to remember that you put your bags in the centre and cover them over to keep dry - I jumped off and forgot I had left my bag with tickets, money and credit card in there, had to wait for the barge to come round again to rescue my belongings! Luckily all was well and I had a very red face on top of my soaking[msnembarrased].
Julie

Mr G
10-08-2009, 17:04
10 for us.

We were on this ride on Sunday, a total of 12 in our group. We ALL got soaked and when it finished asked for a 'rerun' and were sent round again ..... well we couldn't get any wetter.

The two familes were are with are visiting Floirda for the first time and loved it.

Definitely one for early afternoon to cool off.A quick fly on dualing dragons and your dry!!

chrizzy100
10-08-2009, 19:21
This is a no jeans ride...they take hours to dry...and lady be careful of tops that go see-through ...I nearly made that mistake..[}:)]

Albert the Frog
10-08-2009, 20:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
This is a no jeans ride...they take hours to dry...and lady be careful of tops that go see-through ...I nearly made that mistake..[}:)]
[/quote]
Never mind tops a friend of ours wore light linen trousers because they would dry quickly but she of course forgot that they are virtually see through whilst wet!

Tony G
10-08-2009, 20:25
I've never had a ride soak me as much as this one did!

11 for me!

sunseeker
01-09-2009, 22:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tony G
I've never had a ride soak me as much as this one did!

11 for me!
[/quote]

Got to agree with that, we rode on popeye last week and i am sure i would have been drier in the bath!

Dave

freddiehollie
05-09-2009, 01:42
Definately a 10 for us:D we took change of clothes for kids so no problems.
The guy next to us took a phone call just after start of ride[:o)]
Ive never seen anyone get a phone back in their pocket as quick[msnwink] Think he was a "Raft Ride Virgin"
His phone still got soaked[msnembarrased] Would have loved to see his insurance claim form[msnwink][msnwink]
The ride is awesome[clap][clap][clap]

DLB-GOUROCK
05-09-2009, 05:47
This wet ....

before
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/DLB-GOUROCK/20099514451_P8050017copy2.jpg

after
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/DLB-GOUROCK/20099513742_P8050019copy2.jpg

I'd say 11.

Our son and my wife. I was made to pixelate my wife's face as her hair was soaking and flat against her head. Notice the difference in colour of her top. She was furious at me taking this picture.
But hey, memories are made of this and we all laugh about it now, but vanity prevails !!!

What ever you do heed the advice to put shoes and anything else you want to keep dry into the centre compartment which has a cover.

peterB
05-09-2009, 13:57
This is one of the few rides that I don't like. I don't mind getting wet but in this ride there is no element of luck. You just get soaked every time.

ncmurray
05-09-2009, 17:41
My son loves this ride, but I refuse to do it because I HATE getting wet, so my poor husband is volunteered everytime, and everytime they get off absolutely soaked through[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Nuala

donny
06-09-2009, 16:41
thanks for all these replies, must be a great ride, i can't wait, 16 days to go , will let you all know just how wet i get!![msnoo] any more photo's anyone?

sunseeker
06-09-2009, 17:25
You wont need to tell us how wet you will get, we all know how wet you will get hahaha.

Dave

donny
14-10-2009, 03:15
ok we are back , done it and that scale of 1 - 10 ? its a 12[clap]wow what a ride. didn't need any macks or swim stuff that would have spoiled the fun and anyway it was 94 degrees so had 3 goes and dried off very quickly[msnsmile2]

KH2508
07-02-2010, 00:38
This was the bestest, wettest ride we've ever been on. We took my brother's family with us in October, told them not to wear jeans but something that would dry out relatively quickly. When the 9 of us got off my brother said he never realised you could get that wet on a water ride. And that's saying something as we'd just come straight from Ripsaw Falls. Oh how I wish we were back there now.

Jill
07-02-2010, 01:46
First time we did this ride was a December scored 10 for wetness and did not dry very quickly. We are going back in May and looking forward to doing this ride again as hopefully we will dry off much more quickly.

louisehj
23-04-2010, 11:34
We went on this a couple of weeks ago and got soaking, however the weather ensured we quickly dried off. The queue was only 10 mins aswell. we then queued for ripsaw falls which again soaked us. Then we went back on the barges.

I think IOA is one of the best places I have been to for water rides.

kateydoodles
30-04-2010, 12:07
It really is a matter of luck on this one! Because the ride doesn't run on a set track, you could be very lucky or very unlucky! On our last trip I managed both- the first time we went on it I remained relatively dry, only my feet got wet. But the second time I came out drenched!! I had seemed to hit every turn where a ginormous gush of water came over the closest rider, and I was targeted by the water guns! But the water is relatively warm (though in saying that, that was in July!) but you really do dry out fast. It's a little uncomfortable for a while walking around in wet clothes, but if it comes to it just do what my mum and I did- go into the toilets and dry yourself off a little under the hand dryers!
It's really such an amazig ride though- definately risk it cause it's just so much fun!

Kate