PDA

View Full Version : What convertibles are currently stocked?

yellowbentines
22-07-2009, 14:19
Hi all. I want to book a convertible and really don't want to end up with a Chrysler Sebring, I ended up with one through Dollar 3 years back and it was terrible, I don't like the look of the new model either.

I have had a Mustang a few years back and loved it, and would like to try the new model.

So..do any of the suppliers onsite at MCO booking with this site have anything other than Sebrings, I usually book with Alamo as I never have any problems and you generally get a choice of vehicle, but I'd rather not book with them and be faced with row upon row of Sebrings!

yellowbentines
05-10-2009, 21:11
Anyone? C'mon, surely someone has hired or seen a convertible other than a Chrysler Sebring in a rental co. lot and can help me out?!

Katys Grandad
05-10-2009, 21:17
I have seen a few Mitsubishi Spyders lately (I think at Alamo). I was given one a few years ago and it was OK but it's a definite 2 seater only and the boot is almost non-existent. I may be wrong but I think the Spyder might not classed as a convertible by Alamo. No doubt somebody will be able to clarify that.

Personally, I quite like the Sebring. Not a sports car for sure but you couldn't really call the Mustang a thoroughbred either.[msnwink]

yellowbentines
05-10-2009, 21:24
Thanks for the reply.

I've had both a mustang and a sebring convertible over the years in Orlando (both of them were the older models though) and I loved the mustang for the looks and the muscle-car engine note, but hated the sebring, the marshmallow soft suspension made me feel ill and the jerky autobox nearly gave me whiplash each time it changed up gear!

E. Cosgrove
05-10-2009, 21:57
Last time we booked a convertible with Alamo it was a VW Beetle or PT Cruiser.

roger
05-10-2009, 22:15
Typically Budget have the Mustang, although often allocate a Sebring or other.

Katys Grandad
05-10-2009, 22:45
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
Typically Budget have the Mustang, although often allocate a Sebring or other.
[/quote]

Now you've pointed that out, I'm pretty sure the Spyder was at Budget.

fiona
05-10-2009, 22:56
We've just rented a convertible through Budget and got a Sebring. Not too keen on the new model and the gears are very sluggish, but still nice tootling round in a soft top!

CORVETTE
06-10-2009, 23:26
Last august we rented a convertible through budget ( MCO )and we got a sebring ( What a load of rubbish!!!) ( Budget and the sebring that is!!). This year we went to las vegas and rented a convertible through Alamo and got a choice of 4 mustangs!!! ( A great car to drive and you get loads of looks!!) ( the rear indicators are very cool too!! If you have seen the new model you will know what i mean!!!. Alamo could not do enough to help!!).

GrahamC
07-10-2009, 01:37
When I have hired through Dollar I have always had a Mustang.

A great car. I would love to have one here, but I doubt my wife would let me. Mind you I have had an RX8 for the last few years.