PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Dunes, Ridgewood Oaks, Championsgate

alastair
18-07-2009, 07:53
I am thinking of trying one of these venues while I am over. Does anyone have any recent experiences they could share to help with my choice of which to play.

Thsnks, Alastair

Appledore
20-07-2009, 02:46
Hi Alastair,

Not sure about the courses you've mentioned, but Dave played Highlands Reserve. Excellent course, friendly staff $33.00 (peak) round $25.00 (after 3pm) $28.00 (clubs). Gold carts included.

Juniors $15.00 anytime.

Elaine

MarkJan
20-07-2009, 03:00
Championsgate is on my list of places to play, especially as you can now book through [link edited] an online service.

I've heard Mystic Dunes is good but over-priced.

alastair
20-07-2009, 08:57
Mystic Dunes is currently $86 which includes cart and club hire. Championsgate is currently $39, but I have to check how much including cart and clubs. I made a typo originally as it should be Ridgewood Lakes not Oaks.

Spuddybaby
22-07-2009, 17:49
I played Mystic Dunes when last in florida in November 2007.

fantastic course - i found it exceptionally challenging. I was playing off of 20 at the time.
Some of the holes, have some demanding tee shots, i remember the 10th in particular was straight into the wind over a large lake, and a very tough green tucked away in a corner behind rough. If that wasnt hard enough it was very contoured making putting difficult!

there is a great par 3 on the back 9, over water to an island style green.

A great course - i thoroughly enjoyed it, would play there again, but would prefer to play different courses first.

My favourite golf course is Falcons Fire. not sure why, i think maybe its the course i always play first on my trips, so i know when i am standing on the first tee i have 5 or 6 rounds ahead of me in the next 2-3 weeks plus all the fun of Disney and Universal!!

Bookworm
23-07-2009, 02:16
Thoroughly recommend Providence Golf club in Davenport. Excellent course, great rates. I will certainly be playing it plenty of times when we are over again in August.

MarkJan
23-07-2009, 02:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Spuddybaby
My favourite golf course is Falcons Fire. not sure why, i think maybe its the course i always play first on my trips, so i know when i am standing on the first tee i have 5 or 6 rounds ahead of me in the next 2-3 weeks plus all the fun of Disney and Universal!!
[/quote]Each to their own. I played Falcons Fire a few years ago and thought it was overpriced but a good course.

alastair
24-07-2009, 08:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
Championsgate is on my list of places to play, especially as you can now book through [link edited] an online service.

I've heard Mystic Dunes is good but over-priced.
[/quote]
Mark,

I played Mystic Dunes today -- it was $75 including cart and hire clubs, cheaper than they had quoted me earlier. I enjoyed the course, though the greens were disappointing (lots of damaged areas needing repair maybe due to weather) and very slow, but some nice challenging tee shots. They are multi layered so you have to try and get on the right level. You can play off yellow, white, blue or black tees. Most people seemed to use the whites, but I gave the blues a try - the black championship tees were a just a bit too daunting. It was 98 degrees, so I was wilting a bit by the end, but the $1.50 bud and bud lights in the bar afterwards helped revive me. Not sure I would rush back, but it was one I always wanted to try. I think I'll give Championsgate a try next time we are over.

Alastair

Spuddybaby
24-07-2009, 14:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Spuddybaby
[/quote]Each to their own. I played Falcons Fire a few years ago and thought it was overpriced but a good course.
[/quote]

I think i like it becasue iot was the first golf course i ever played in the states and so was the first time i experienced that lushness and green of a US resort course.
It isd a bit overpriced $120 in Novemebr when i go, but it has a special place in my heart of courses. There isnt anything special about it, its just a nice well kept course, plus like i say its always the first course i play so i normaly have the whole holiday ahead of me as well!

jumawa
02-08-2009, 03:45
Ridgewood lakes is a nice course with great course staff, good prices and very fast greens. The only mistake I made was forgeting to check that my golf balls could swim [msnsad]