PDA

View Full Version : Orlando in october?

0161kirkham
18-07-2009, 00:35
We are planning at trip to orlando for 3 weeks october 2010. (a long time away I know) We have been before in september and noticed our 2nd week a little cooler and it got dark relativly early. Whats october weather generally like?

Also what are queues at disney like in october as one of our weeks will be half term. Are all the water parks open and will i need to heat the pool at my villa? Thanks in adavnce.

ellie
18-07-2009, 04:00
One of my favourite times to go. There is less humidity and usually plenty of sunshine without the daily showers. Best to take a jacket or cardigan for the evenings, but even so you may not need them.

Queues should not be mega at this time of year, though it is half term for the UK, and this is one of the times of year that we get booked up very early on, so it is a good job you are looking for a suitable villa now.

The water parks are definitely open and I would certainly recommend pool heat to make the pool more comfortable. Great to sink into a lovely warm pool in the evening when you have been out dashing about the parks.

Hope you have a great trip.

MarkJan
18-07-2009, 04:16
Lovely time of year to visit Florida. Ellie has pretty much summed it up.

mfairhurst
18-07-2009, 06:28
As said before the humity as gone but still nice and warm and still a decent long day .
The parks can be busy but not over busy like JULY AND AUGUST .
MAUREEN
www,.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Katys Grandad
18-07-2009, 10:13
The weather is very pleasant in October but you're right in thinking that the days get a fair bit shorter.

Just like at home, towards the end of the month you'll get around two and a half less daylight each day than in the summer months.

Val
18-07-2009, 12:27
We always visit in October, days are lovely and warm and although you do sometimes need a cardigan in the evening it is still very pleasant.
Parks are busy but not over busy and if you are a shopper than there usually are plenty of sales around.

Val

erowlands
18-07-2009, 12:51
Again we love October, it is much more pleasant to go around the theme parks but it is still warm enough for all the waterparks
great time of the year to visit

Eric

steph_goodrum
18-07-2009, 12:55
We have found it's drier than in the summer. Now the US don't change their clocks till early November you get a bit of extra daylight time as well.

Katys Grandad
18-07-2009, 14:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Now the US don't change their clocks till early November you get a bit of extra daylight time as well.
[/quote]

I think I know what you mean Steph, but the actual daylight time is the same whether the clocks are changed or not isn't it?[msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
18-07-2009, 14:25
The hours are the same but it doesn't get dark till an hour later which is always a bonus. I don't know why they haven't done the same here (or s[bad language filtered out]ped the change altogether). The US have added 3 weeks to the length of their daylight saving overall (they change 2 weeks earlier) which must make a difference to energy consumption.

ukman
18-07-2009, 15:33
Basically there isnt really a bad time to visit florida, as it is an all year round place. October like most mention, is very nice, the days maybe shorter but nothing compare to our october, so if you are use to october here, you will fly through october in orlando. Yes it gets cooler, but nothing that we brits could not cope with. I've been there many times in october, as I normally take the family there on all the major uk holidays, where we get two weeks or more and I have never felt the need to cover up cause it is too cold to handle.

So enjoy,.... and your holiday is never too far in date wise like you mentioned, when it comes to planning for a great trip such as orlando..

LiesaAnna
22-07-2009, 12:15
we have done a couple of trips in october and love it..... its nice to walk thru the parks etc and shopping mals without being overly baked!! its still very warm and if u go then u should have some very very nice weather xxx we didnt need cardigans then but neither did we one time in december then another december we went it was as cold as here for a few days....

dbrook
22-07-2009, 14:09
We've been a couple of times the last few weeks in October and I have to say it is my favourite time of year to go. The temperature has been early to mid 80s for us and not so humid. We have had very little rain also.

I've taken a cardi/jacket but only used it in the odd restaurant because the air con can be a bit cool sometimes.

I would def. book the pool heat though.

Ian Mcc
07-08-2009, 20:19
Interested in all these replies as your question re: the pool heat was one I have asked, like you not going till Oct 10, it does seem a long way away but you know what they say about "those who wait"[8D]