PDA

View Full Version : wishes fireworks

donny
10-07-2009, 16:43
can anyone tell me the best place to stand to see the wishes fireworks & how soon before do people start taking a place?
thanks

gpullan
10-07-2009, 17:15
We sat on the kerbside to watch the parade.

We got there a good hour before they started. You need to do this to get a seat on the kerb. We went and got chicken nuggets and chips for everyone from the A,B,C food hall just down the way. Not sure we were supposed to bring it all out but what the heck no one said anything. We sat and ate our dinner on the kerb waiting for the parade.

As soon as the floats had passed we just walked about 3 steps to the railings where the globe lights are at the other edge of the path. Perfect spot, not too close that you're looking straight up for 20 minutes but not too far away either.

This is a photo i took at that very spot (okay i did walk to the side a bit to get a central shot but you get the picture). It was October 2008

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/gpullan/2009710131455_tmpphpOLFgT9.jpg

Albert the Frog
10-07-2009, 17:33
we sat on the kerb for the parade about half way up main st-as soon as the last float passed i hurried to the noodle bar outside patio-the noodle bar was closed-grabbed a table and some chairs and then we sat comfortably watching the fireworks whilst having a coffee-much better after standing waiting for the parade.

CERICROWLEY
10-07-2009, 18:54
The noodle bar is now doing a desert fair, so that you can sit and have a couple of deserts etc, and keep your seat to watch the fireworks. $17.99

MJG
11-07-2009, 03:25
Just locate your self on Main street....turn back towards the castle and you will be fine..

donny
15-07-2009, 20:49
what is the noodle bar? do you have a web link to it?,can you pre book it?
thanks

Albert the Frog
16-07-2009, 00:05
Here you go from the main disney site-i don't know whether you can prebook

Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

Give your taste buds a space-age treat when you choose from outta-this-world Chicken Noodle Bowls with broth, Vegetarian Noodle Bowls with Tofu and Broth, Chicken Teriyaki, Beef and Broccoli and Caesar Salad with Chicken.

Restaurant Info:
Facility Type Counter - Full Meals

Meals and Prices

Disney Dining Plan Restaurant
Magic Kingdom Park Land: Tomorrowland

MTP
16-07-2009, 00:09
The other good place is across the water from the Noodle bar. If you are walking back to the centre where the is the Walt Disney and Mickey statue from Tomorrowland, just across the bridge there is a wee path to the left which loops down and back up. You can get a space along here quite late (relatively) and if you don't get trees in front of you the view is great as there are now crowds in front of you.