PDA

View Full Version : When to update my esta application

steelo
05-07-2009, 13:53
Hi guys im off to sunny florida in september for 3 weeks and have filled out all the esta forms for my family, When i return home to the uk i have 4 weeks then im returning to the states to las vegas for a week, Obviously i have to update my esta forms but im not sure when to do this? should i do it now and get it over and done with or wait until i get back from florida, I dont want to confuse anybody at the us esta offices, more to the point i dont want to arrive in florida and be told i should be in vegas[msnembarrased] Hope this dont sound stupid to you guys,

Sniff
05-07-2009, 14:07
The information on the ESTA form is intended to replace that on the visa waiver form, therefore the data should reflect your current (or next) visit. The US Immigration officers will only call up your ESTA info when you arrive and hand in your passport (data is indexed by passport number) - at that stage it's obviously better if it shows details of your current trip. The data might well be analysed earlier than that, but that will be automatic, and at that stage they won't know where you are going to arrive.

So to be correct, I would say that right now your ESTA info should reflect the data for your trip to Florida. Once you return, update it to reflect your trip to Las Vegas. After all, it is very easy to update (takes just minutes) so it's hardly an issue - 4 weeks should give you enough time :D

steelo
05-07-2009, 14:23
Hi thankyou for the info