PDA

View Full Version : immigration

carol3593
17-06-2009, 02:01
hi can any1 tell me what happens when u already have a visa for criminal convictions i am due to go away in 1 month and im very frightened as to what will happen when i arrive in us.

any1 who has experienced this please let me know if u were pulled away by yourself

thanks

ShirleyD
17-06-2009, 04:43
Carol if they have just given you a visa for entry to the USA (regardless of why you needed it) then you should have no problem, just go to the desk like everyone else

carol3593
17-06-2009, 11:52
thanks im just worried they make an example of me it has me ill. this holiday has been getting booked for the last 3 year but i havent had the courage to go for a visa.

but just to assure any1 having to go to london for a visa dont be put off it was fine i had no worries the people i spoke to were very polite and reasuring and my visa had to be sent to dhs so i was not issued it on the day but the whole process only took a couple of weeks and i enjoyed a day in london after i finished.

bit of a hassle but worth it.

E. Cosgrove
18-06-2009, 10:58
Shirley is right Carol, there should be no problem if your visa is in order.

You will have to fill in a white form on the plane rather than the green visa waiver which some other passengers may complete. This is not because you have a criminal record but because you have a visa.

Relax and have a fantastic time[msnsmile]

steph_goodrum
18-06-2009, 11:28
And you also won't need to fill in the Esta online (any of your party travelling without Visas will have to do that).

carol3593
18-06-2009, 15:39
yeah the rest have all filled the esta in online just looking forward to going now cant wait just waiting on my park tickets arriving x

CCollins
19-06-2009, 11:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
Carol if they have just given you a visa for entry to the USA (regardless of why you needed it) then you should have no problem, just go to the desk like everyone else
[/quote]

You will go to the desk like everyone else.

BUT, you will probably be sent to the interview/waiting room to the far right hand side at Immigration. The immigration will keep your passport and send you along there and tell you to wait (I always go with my Husband and wait with him).

We have waited between 5 mins - 30 mins each time. They will then either call you in and ask you questions about why you have a visa, or simply stamp it and then send you on your way!

It is a bit scary the first time, but its just procedure. Twice (both times at Sanford) DH has had his passport stamped at the original immigration queue without any further delays, but at MCO he always gets sent to the little room.

His crime was 18 years ago!!!!!

carol3593
20-06-2009, 00:05
mine was 7 year ago im going to stanford so fingers crossed but im poping it incase they dont let me in i would die on the spot i think !!!!

CCollins
21-06-2009, 13:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by carol3593
mine was 7 year ago im going to stanford so fingers crossed but im poping it incase they dont let me in i would die on the spot i think !!!!
[/quote]

If you have been issued a visa then I doubt they would refuse you entry - but never say never (that applies to EVERYONE though)

The questions my DH has been asked when questioned are

1. - why do you have a visa?
2. - what was the crime?
3. - Have you been in any trouble since then?

then they just stamp his passport and send him on his way - its a pointless exercise IMHO but its one we go through on almost each and every trip!

One day I am going to fly to Orlando with Aer Lingus as you do immigration for USA at Dublin/Shannon so when you land in the states you only have to pass through customs!

Lyn
22-06-2009, 15:47
How come you can do USA Immigration in Ireland??

Katys Grandad
22-06-2009, 16:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
How come you can do USA Immigration in Ireland??[/quote]By special arrangement between the 2 governments.

It seems that it doesn't happen with every flight but it's still a great facility if you can take advantage of it.

flyrr100
24-06-2009, 22:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
How come you can do USA Immigration in Ireland??
[/quote]

All major Canadian cities pre clear US Immigration in Canada.