PDA

View Full Version : ESTA

dsv77
13-06-2009, 23:34
Hi there folks we have ot the chance to go out to go Florida this coming Thurs , but I havent filled out an Esta form online yet and cant until Monday morning until I cleared my diary at work.

Is there a cut off date that the form has to be filled in by ? ie can I still fill it in on Monday for travelling on Thurs .

Thanks

caroline
13-06-2009, 23:37
You can fill it in now - if you end up not traveling it won't matter[msnsmile]

mfairhurst
13-06-2009, 23:57
Caroline been on Virgins site were do you click in to fill the ESTA details the only one we have found is Visa information and we have a 6 months visa do we have to fill one in ?
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

caroline
14-06-2009, 00:27
Sorry Maureen I'm not sure I follow you... [msnembarrased]

Clare R
14-06-2009, 01:11
If you have a Visa you don't fill in the ESTA form

mfairhurst
14-06-2009, 01:36
Thank you Clare we wondered if we had to fill a form in before our vacation did not want to get to Manchester and not have done the ESTA form .
The only thing we have to do 24 hrs before befor flight is to book online .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

DaveL
14-06-2009, 02:50
There was a travel trade meeting in Miami last month. At that meeting a speaker that was talking about ESTA made some interesting comments.

I was not there so can only report what I was told and don't know who the person was. However he was speaking at a large meeting so must have had some approval.

The main statements that were of interest were that only about 80% of travellers had completed the ESTA before they arrived in the U.S. He did not give a breakdown by departure country.

The date for final implemantion of this proceedure was now being put back until early 2010.

In the mean time both system would work in parallel and the government was looking at some sort of foregin education program to bring the percentage up.

Time will tell if this is correct but as yet I have heard no stories of anyone being put on the next plane back because they did not fill out an ESTA. However they are within their right to do just that as people have had at least a years notice.

Dave