PDA

View Full Version : Where's best to see Illuminations?

BIGEYE
06-06-2009, 20:01
Last year we tried to book dinner somewhere as you got VIP seating to view the Illuminations, but we did not know that these get booked up months in advance. This advice was in one of the guide books that we left behind for other guests use.
Now we are going back this year, I want to try and do the same again, but cannot remember where to book dinner and get the VIP seating. Can anyone help with this, and also advise phone number or email address on how to book.

TIA

florida4sun
06-06-2009, 20:49
Unless things have changed there is no VIP seating you can do priority booking which gives you the next available table at a particular time. This does not guarantee you table in view of the fireworks. Most people like to sit at the Rose and Crown, I have done this but sometimes found the trees can be in the way. Plus your stuck with fish and chips, ploughmans or whatever else you can eat back at home!
You can make reservations by calling 001 407 WDW DINE up to 120 days in advance but as I say you cannot request particular tables. I would say your chances are slim unless its a quiet time. The last thing you want is too book and then find you are inside!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by BIGEYE
Last year we tried to book dinner somewhere as you got VIP seating to view the Illuminations, but we did not know that these get booked up months in advance. This advice was in one of the guide books that we left behind for other guests use.
Now we are going back this year, I want to try and do the same again, but cannot remember where to book dinner and get the VIP seating. Can anyone help with this, and also advise phone number or email address on how to book.

TIA
[/quote]

mfairhurst
06-06-2009, 21:20
We booked a table at the french resturant and asked to sit near the window and got a good view across the lake it was not cheap but it was a good meal .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx