PDA

View Full Version : Anna Maria Island or nearby on gulf

gpullan
04-06-2009, 23:01
Hi All,

For our trip to florida next Feb we are looking at travelling down to the gulf for just one night, staying in a beachfront villa for 8 people (3 bedrooms as we have 2 babies). We can then spend the day on the beach then go to Busch Gardens the next day before driving back to Highlands Reserve. Saves 2 trips to the Tampa area.

Am i asking too much or do you think it's possible? I have seen one on Anna Maria Island but would never do anything without running it by OV.

Thanks in advance

Pookie
04-06-2009, 23:14
Hi Garry

February on the Gulf Coast is high season so if you plan to do this you do need to book quickly.

Next I would check that the villa will allow a one night rental in Feb. some areas on the coast will have a minimum rental.

Also your check-in will be around 4pm and check-out at around 10 - 11am I am not certain it will be that restful

The drive to Tampa is about an hour from Orlando maybe 15 mins more.

Others I am sure will add their ideas also.

Have a great time.

Lynne

Katys Grandad
04-06-2009, 23:52
I think you'll do very well to find a beachfront property of the kind you want for 1 night in February (or even for the rest of the year to be honest). Even if you do manage it, I think the price would be prohibitive.

dcnurse
05-06-2009, 15:27
Anyone been to Anna Maria Island? We are thinking of a trip in August.

gpullan
05-06-2009, 15:37
We went to Siesta Key last year which is fantastic. My manager at work has a house in Bradenton, just up the road from Anna Maria Island and has just returned from there.

It's him who put me on to it as a better place to go than Siesta Key. Manatees sometimes can be seen from there in Tampa Bay, it's quieter than Siesta Key and the sand is the same cool white quartz you find at Siesta.

debod
11-06-2009, 02:33
We have been going to Anna Maria island for July and August every year since 2000. Can't go anywhere else now as we've been spoilt. Stunning, relaxing, fab, off again in three weeks, can't wait.

Lynne S
11-06-2009, 11:34
We stayed in a villa on Anna Maria Island in May, beautiful place with fabulous beaches. We hope to stay there again soon.
Have a great time Deborah [8D]

Midd
09-07-2009, 18:24
We spent a week in a villa on Anna Marie last September - very laid back, and a great break from Orlando - not that theres anything wrong with that neither!

Nina A
09-07-2009, 23:51
A couple of photos of the far north end of Anna Maria Island for you! We did it easily as a day trip.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Nina A/200979194936_AMIsland1.JPG

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Nina A/20097919500_AMIsland2.JPG

Pookie
10-07-2009, 11:32
Lovely photos Nina, the last one reminds of Manasota Beach or as the locals call it Middle beach. Could be one and the same.

The gulf beaches are superb.

Lynne

Pookie
11-07-2009, 13:26
Time at last to upload the picture of Middle Beach taken last month.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/pookie/200971192344_Manasotabeach.jpg

Lynne

atush
20-07-2009, 19:23
Anna maria is great, but you won't find a house for one night. Look at hotels and get several rooms. And you might have to venture to a resort like Lido Cay to get one night in Feb.