PDA

View Full Version : Online ESTA application

vinpau
02-06-2009, 21:09
Can somebody please confirm it's $45 per person when filling out the ESTA application ?

Katys Grandad
02-06-2009, 21:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vinpau
Can somebody please confirm it's $45 per person when filling out the ESTA application ?
[/quote]

It's free and can be done online in a few minutes without the slightest problem!

I think what you might be seeing is a deliberately misleading website (from a Google link) giving the impression that there is a fee. In fact, the $45 is actually what this lot take for completing your application for you. Not actually criminal, but pretty close to the margins.

vinpau
02-06-2009, 21:25
I've just looked on the US Embassy's website - I agree, the site I accessed from Google was very misleading. Many thanks for your quick reply.

steph_goodrum
02-06-2009, 23:49
Anyone who tries to tell you that you have to pay is doing so fraudulently. At present its free although there waa talk they may bring in a $10 charge at some stage.

thistle1314
03-06-2009, 00:49
Can you tell me please how you can fill in your US address when you dont have it yet? I've only paid the deposit for our villa and dont pay the balance until September and we go in November. Do I just wait until I get the address in September then apply. Thanks.

Robert5988
03-06-2009, 01:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Can you tell me please how you can fill in your US address when you dont have it yet? I've only paid the deposit for our villa and dont pay the balance until September and we go in November. Do I just wait until I get the address in September then apply. Thanks.[/quote]

You can wait until you have the address, there is no hurry.

Approval comes back immediately.

ShirleyD
03-06-2009, 02:12
Having just filled it in, I noticed that address and flight weren't compulsory fields anyway

thistle1314
03-06-2009, 03:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Can you tell me please how you can fill in your US address when you dont have it yet? I've only paid the deposit for our villa and dont pay the balance until September and we go in November. Do I just wait until I get the address in September then apply. Thanks.[/quote]

You can wait until you have the address, there is no hurry.

Approval comes back immediately.
[/quote]

Many thanks Robert. [msnsmile]

vickk17
04-06-2009, 00:51
You can also fill in what you know now and get the authorisation, then go back on later and add the missing bits when you have them

Sniff
04-06-2009, 01:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vickk17
You can also fill in what you know now and get the authorisation, then go back on later and add the missing bits when you have them
[/quote]
Indeed, and as the authorisation lasts for 2 years (or until your current passport expires, whichever is the sooner) it's likely that you'll need to go back in and change these sorts of details for different trips.

lafifille
04-06-2009, 13:23
Just don't forget to print the number and write on it whose ESTA it is, as no name appears, and it is a pain to find out later when you've filled 6 or more of them... teaches you patience [msnwink]...