PDA

View Full Version : weather in uk

mfairhurst
09-05-2009, 20:04
Anyone getting some sunshine today here in UK we have had stormy weather her in the north of UK and cold as well .
Oh to go to FLORIDA as it is in the 90s
MAUREEN

Jill
09-05-2009, 22:57
We have not had storms in the south but it has not been that nice - fairly cold and windy.

MarkJan
10-05-2009, 00:06
I can confirm it has been over 90 every day since we arived Saturday last week. Not looking forward to a wet and windy Manchester.

Katys Grandad
10-05-2009, 05:40
Very hot here in SW Florida. Seems today saw the highest temperature for this time of year (95) since 1962. Forecasting nearly 100 degrees in Orlando tomorrow.

blott
10-05-2009, 06:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
I can confirm it has been over 90 every day since we arived Saturday last week. Not looking forward to a wet and windy Manchester.[/quote]I wouldn't look forward to it at all Mark. Yesterday we had high winds, pouring rain followed by hail and a thunderstorm and it's certainly not anything like 90! [msntongue]

MJG
10-05-2009, 11:48
Manky weather here on the North East coast until late afternoon/evening when it brightened up.

Grey overcast again this morning - roll on June 13th!!!

reemur
10-05-2009, 12:43
Sun shining in Bromsgrove (MIDLANDS)hope it lasts all day
carol

CERICROWLEY
10-05-2009, 13:24
Beautiful morning here. Had a tip in the hot tub with a cup of tea.... Where am I? Florida..... nope.

Cardiff.

sammibabe
10-05-2009, 23:59
Quite nice day here in Devon. Cloudy but sun breaking through sometimes. Rather have Florida sunshine but at least it was dry.

FraserLynn
11-05-2009, 00:51
It has been beautiful here, but I have been in Rome!

mfairhurst
24-05-2009, 14:42
We have got dry weather here in the north and sunshine ,Doing some work in our garden at last and hope we get all day as Monday they have said rain again[msnmad]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

another
24-05-2009, 14:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
We have got dry weather here in the north and sunshine ,Doing some work in our garden at last and hope we get all day as Monday they have said rain again[msnmad]
MAUREEN
[/quote]

It's sunny here in the South too but rain forecast for tomorrow! I am hoping to get the grass cut today and a few bits of weeding done too! Next week is forrecast for a wet week - again!, better on Friday - apparently! I'm not sure where they think our 'BBQ summer' is coming from!

FraserLynn
24-05-2009, 15:04
It is fabulous weather in the Uk today, apparently it has been raining for the last 7 days non stop in Florida - 15 inches worth with more to come. I hope it doesn't ruin anyones holiday. [msnsad]

christhear
24-05-2009, 16:37
Well I'm just Northof London and come inside as its too hot for me. Trouble is there is no pool to dip in to cool down.

Sunday lunch in the Garden under the Parasol later.

mfairhurst
24-05-2009, 17:25
It seems all UK has got some sun at last .Wish we had a pool here Christine miss our Florida one very much
MAUREEN

dsv77
24-05-2009, 21:32
not sunny in Scotland its cold, grey and a bit windy , had to put the heating on again today.

Lesley S
24-05-2009, 21:46
Its lovely weather in Cardiff...[msnsmile]

Only wish we had a pool, had to do with Cardiff International Pool this morning....now the garden....at least we can have a BBQ....reminds me of Florida...when we were there in April [msnsmile][msnsad]

sundowner
24-05-2009, 22:22
The temperature is hitting 70 here in the midlands. Beautiful day not a cloud in the sky. Too hot out there though, I have had to come inside - just said to hubby it would be lovely if we had a pool to cool off in. Had a bbq at lunch time and have steaks to bbq tonight.

I think our summer may consist of two weeks (possibly one after the other) of 'nice' weather [msnwink]

Jill
24-05-2009, 23:50
We have had the best day of the year so far with warmth and wall to wall sunshine all day. They say it is short lived and we can expect rain again tomorrow.

luckylady
25-05-2009, 00:26
It's been a great weekend here in the north west since lunchtime Saturday Hopefully it will continue for a few more days [msnsmile2]

brendawilliams
25-05-2009, 01:35
Beautiful weather here in the south and very warm.[msncool]

canarypam
25-05-2009, 03:19
It's been a scorcher today in East Anglia, I sat in the garden in my 'Florida clothes' this afternoon shame my pond isn't a swimming pool to cool off in. Went out for something to eat tonight but it turned very chilly!

Margaret
26-05-2009, 14:38
I can't believe it, we had a beautiful hot and sunny day on Sunday here on the East coast and today it's been pouring down for hours!![msnsad]
Margaret

another
26-05-2009, 14:48
I can just see a few bits of blue sky appearing between the clouds. It was raining earlier but is starting to brighten up now. It's supposed to be another good weekend coming up!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-05-2009, 15:41
Looks pretty good here too. Lots of blue sky with some fluffy clouds around and nice and warm [msnsmile].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by another
I can just see a few bits of blue sky appearing between the clouds. It was raining earlier but is starting to brighten up now. It's supposed to be another good weekend coming up!
[/quote]

mfairhurst
26-05-2009, 21:14
This the 3RD day we have had sunshine cannot believe it and hope the weather people are wrong as they said rain all day
Spent al 3 days in the garden and it has had a makeover so and we have had some exercise so not a bad thing .[msnsmile2]
MAUREEN

mfairhurst
29-05-2009, 18:51
Well the sun is back and warmer than ever ,hope you are all enjoying it or it lasts for the weekend .
It is nice to see our garden coming into bloom .
MAUREEN

becbecs
29-05-2009, 20:36
BBQ Time, Weather great in W Yorkshire [msncool]

another
29-05-2009, 21:19
Sunny here in Berkshire and hopefully for the weekend too [msnsmile2]

FraserLynn
29-05-2009, 22:01
It looks like we are going to have a great summer in the UK, great news for all those people who have decided (because of the credit crunch) to holiday at home this year.

canarypam
30-05-2009, 01:36
Beautiful day here today in Norfolk! Great weekend forecast also hope it stays like this until at least September now[msnwink]

luckylady
30-05-2009, 05:03
A beautiful day here in the north west,forecasting a hot sunny weekend. Maybe this will be the weekend we have our 1st BBQ of the year in the UK?

I remember having a fantastic BBQ in sunny Florida with friends at the end of January this year.[msnwink]

sammibabe
31-05-2009, 02:35
Went to a mall today. Sat in a coffee place, glass roof so could see and feel the sun, palm trees in middle and could hear water. I text DH and said felt like Florida! Back to earth with a bump when I saw the prices, same old same old stuff and thought about what to have for lunch!

mfairhurst
31-05-2009, 15:13
It is suprising how expensive Uk is and we put up with same with the supermarkets like Tesco made a very large profit and bragging they are giving £3000 to staff that work there ,What about the customers that were ripped of we only get points but you can give vouchere in and get double ,( meaning they are greedy again as the mark up allows them to stand it .
We are conned in all ways and i do not think it will change .
We asked our bank what do you do for seniors and they said what do you mean .
Rant over but we pay them what they ask .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas.1683.aspx

nicklangdon
31-05-2009, 17:51
This is awesome,lying in the garden listening to XL106.7 on the internet feels just like florida, just need a pool

FraserLynn
31-05-2009, 19:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
It is suprising how expensive Uk is and we put up with same with the supermarkets like Tesco made a very large profit and bragging they are giving £3000 to staff that work there ,What about the customers that were ripped of we only get points but you can give vouchere in and get double ,( meaning they are greedy again as the mark up allows them to stand it .
We are conned in all ways and i do not think it will change .
We asked our bank what do you do for seniors and they said what do you mean .
Rant over but we pay them what they ask .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas.1683.aspx
[/quote]

I have to say, I really don't think the UK is that expensive anymore, about 10 years ago it really was, but not now. Pretty much everywhere else I travel is dearer and whilst you can get some things cheaper in Florida, I really don't think that groceries is one of them

The weather is fantastic on the South Coast again today, we are leaving the Uk for 12/18months on the 1st July - just when we probably have the best summer ever!!

mfairhurst
31-05-2009, 19:24
Do not agree with you Frazer and we have traveled all over the world and we weight other things in other countrys as well as grociers .
Enjoy you stay out of the UK were ever you are going .
MAUREEN

blott
06-06-2009, 13:12
Well, that looks like the end of summer in the UK then - hope no-one blinked and missed it... [msncry]

It's been pouring down with rain here in the NW since last night and doesn't look like stopping, it's also very windy and decidedly chilly too.

Mmmmmm, now... where would I rather be? Oh I know, in Florida - silly me for having to think more than a nanosecond! [msncool]

FraserLynn
06-06-2009, 15:36
Although, it is going to turn back later this week, I still think we are in for a great summer in the UK.

On my way back to China where it is about the same temperature as Orlando at the moment with a similar level of humidity. I find it far to hot and uncomfortable to do anything much more than rush from one air conditioned place to the other, not sure how I am going to cope for the whole summer even with a pool in the garden!

For me a good UK summer (not like last years) is the most perfect weather -perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder

Madabouttigger
06-06-2009, 17:27
Like Blott Im in the NW too, just finsihed my ironing - all those shorts and T's we were in last weekend, back into jeans and jumpers today - Florida - just a dim and distent memeory........[msnsad]

Jill
06-06-2009, 18:55
Down in the south we had a dreadful day yesterday, not helped by Andrew planning his trip to Florida for later this year. It rained from early morning to early evening so we must have sent our weather up to you Blott - sorry. Today has been dry but I am back to wearing a thick jumper and a jacket to go out. Guess that was summer.

thornton
06-06-2009, 19:12
Here on the south coast we must be lucky, yesterday although not as warm as it has been was sunny all day and today it is dry and a little chilly. The garden could do with some rain though.

SDJ
06-06-2009, 21:25
Hubby has just phoned to say after temperatures of 25/27 degrees this past week, he now has the heating on and it's 9 degrees and raining in Devon.

It is 90 degrees here in Florida and where I am is cloudy, muggy and thundering, but as yet, no rain so am going back outside to read my book[msncool]

Sandra

mfairhurst
06-06-2009, 21:33
We have rain all day today and not very warm ,we are going to a Christening tomorrow and they were hoping to haveing a BBQ after but I cannot see that happening as it says rain here in the NW so we will be inside their home or we will get christened as well with the rain.
MAUREEN

chrizzy100
07-06-2009, 08:52
Its been raining and cold in MA all week...we could of done with the heating on..plus side its very green here and we have a lovely lawn...I did feel very cold after being in FL..

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by FraserLynn
Although, it is going to turn back later this week, I still think we are in for a great summer in the UK.

On my way back to China where it is about the same temperature as Orlando at the moment with a similar level of humidity. I find it far to hot and uncomfortable to do anything much more than rush from one air conditioned place to the other, not sure how I am going to cope for the whole summer even with a pool in the garden!

For me a good UK summer (not like last years) is the most perfect weather -perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder[/quote]I miss UK summers open windows mostly...its so humid where I live sometimes..I don't mind hot but I can't stand humid

I agree about groceries..I've found FL prices have gone up a lot...where ours have stayed around the same...there was a time FL was $$ cheaper than where I live in the US...now my shopping bill is more there than here...never thought I'd see that day..my parents always moan about the cost of food in the US when they stay..gas was more last week too..

mfairhurst
07-06-2009, 16:09
I bet your mother moans about UK prices of gas / petrol it is £1.2 at the moment at our petrol station .
MAUREEN

chrizzy100
08-06-2009, 19:10
No they don't...they have seen my utility bills and count themselves lucky

luckylady
09-06-2009, 02:13
My blood must be getting thin the weather in the north west has turned extremely cold. I have been freezing all day!!

blott
09-06-2009, 02:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by luckylady
My blood must be getting thin the weather in the north west has turned extremely cold. I have been freezing all day!![/quote]Ditto that! You obviously blinked and missed summer too. [msncry]