PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror

clairemca
02-05-2009, 14:19
How scary is it? Could a six year old go on it?

Claire

owen3
02-05-2009, 14:45
I took my grandson on when he was 6, he said he liked it,but i don't think he did,and he would not go on again.
Barbara

CERICROWLEY
02-05-2009, 16:41
This ride also has a height restriction on it.

ShirleyD
02-05-2009, 20:17
The height restriction is 40" (102cm) I think the suspense is worse than the drops, but I'm not 6 [msnwink]

hacoates
02-05-2009, 21:08
I saw a teenager of about 19 being helped off crying, by her friends so I would not recomment it

ellie
02-05-2009, 21:22
I was petrified of going on this the first time and both me and my daughter chickened out at the door of the lift.....ok,ok we are wimps, I'll admit to it.

But I made a pact with a friend that if she went on Mission Space (which I LOVE and she hated) I would go on Tower of Terror. So I did. I can't really say I enjoyed it, well having nearly crushed my son's hand in my terror I have to admit to being a teeny bit scared. But I have been on it since (as has my daughter!) and although I still feel scared I can cope with it. Judging by the smiling faces of young children who pass me as I lurch white-faced to the exit they do not seem to be worried by it at all.

I guess it depends on your six year old. If falling lifts is their worst nightmare then don't take him/her on it, but I bet he/she will love it![msnwink]

MTP
02-05-2009, 23:12
Our middle child went on it when he was 6, mainly because a school friend had also done it, so he wanted to do so as well. I enjoyed it, but has declined doing it again since! I think that a lot of the scary Twilight Zone stuff would go over the child's head, but my son picked up on the story about the family in the lift.

I think a lot would depend on the individual child.

Sorry, not much help there!

Ruth
03-05-2009, 00:14
This is quite a scary ride which my eldest will not do again. However middle child went on as soon as she was 40" (she was probably 5 or 6 at the time) and loved it, it is still one of her favourites (but then she is a real "dare devil"). If necessary be prepared to hold onto them as they really do leave their seat during the drops:D:D

cad-properties
04-05-2009, 02:23
In February, I took my 6 year old daughter on Tower Of Terror (She had only just turned 6).

I held her hand the whole time and kept talking to her, as at times it is very dark in there. Ruth is right, they do leave the seat during the drops so make sure their lap belt is pulled tight when you sit down !!!

When we got off, she was very quite (Which is very unusual for her) and then when we got outside, she cried............I must admit I felt a bit bad I had taken her on there. However, it was also my Husband's first time on it as well and I thought he might cry as well and he is 36 [msnwink]

CarolAnn
04-05-2009, 17:09
My then 14 year old, gave it a go once, she said it was ok, but hasn't opted to do it again in the last 2 years[msneek]. I guess if you think it is fun when the plane drops a bit in turbulance..then you will love TT ?? Personally I feel...why would I want to spoil a perfectly good day [msnscared] But, that is just a scardy cat speaking [msnwink]

linda allen
04-05-2009, 20:10
We took our two boys on it when they were 4 years old(they are very tall for their ages) They cried when they got off and haven't been on it since. However they are now 8 and 7 years old and have been talking about going on it when we go in a few weeks. They love Rock and Roller coaster so may enjoy it this time. Such a shame their dad doesn't want to do it[msnwink]

dynomike red
04-05-2009, 20:23
We took our 4 year old son on it in April and he loved it but we also took our 8 year old daughter and she was sick just befor she went on it(waited for an hour to get on),but i think that had somthing to do with the fact that her lovely elder sister was telling her how bad it was. So i think it depends on the person as my wife who is **** years of age and hates it[msnscared]
Mike

kelleak
05-05-2009, 00:30
We took our 5 year old on it last may, she loved it. I was more scared as was her father, she came off it wanting to go straight back on. She got really upset when we said we couldn't.

orlandochris
05-05-2009, 12:54
I took my 5 year old niece on it in September. She either says she hated it or loved it depending on what mood she is in!!

Lindyloo
07-05-2009, 21:07
My youngest was 6 when we first took him on and he loves it - would go on over and over if we let him. My daughter, who was 10 at the time, went on once and has refused to go on again since. So I think it is very much down to the individual child.

sammibabe
07-06-2009, 18:49
My daughters loved it and went on it a few times in a row. Next visit they wouldn't do it as they remembered it being really scary (even when reminded how many times they had been on!)Kids - can't figure them out[msnwink] Probably won't know til they try. Give them the option and let them decide?