PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt Regency MCO

lafifille
28-04-2009, 15:02
After our 10 days stay in a villa (OV of course) we're going to visit family and friends in Kansas City. Then we fly back to Orlando for 2 nights before going back home. Our KC-MCO flight arriving around 1 am, I'm thinking about getting a room at the Hyatt Regency which has the great advantage of being onsite, and offering a reasonable rate.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Because I'm seriously thinking of booking the last night there too: we wouldn't be packing and unpacking again, and could rent a smaller car to do our last minute shopping or beach trip or whatever we decide to do for our last day.

Anyone sees a flaw in that reasoning?

Katys Grandad
28-04-2009, 15:38
I love the Hyatt but I've never been able to find that 'reasonable rate' you refer to. What are they quoting?

The only difficulty I foresee is if you want to come back to the hotel during the day and keep the car to go out again, incurring hotel/airport car parking rates. On the other hand, if you are out all day and just return the car to the rental depot, there shouldn't be a problem. BTW - the breakfast buffet is great!

Nina A
28-04-2009, 17:25
Never stayed there but we always eat in Mcoys before our flight. Always a very civilised end to our trip!

lafifille
28-04-2009, 17:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
I love the Hyatt but I've never been able to find that 'reasonable rate' you refer to. What are they quoting?

The only difficulty I foresee is if you want to come back to the hotel during the day and keep the car to go out again, incurring hotel/airport car parking rates. On the other hand, if you are out all day and just return the car to the rental depot, there shouldn't be a problem. BTW - the breakfast buffet is great!
[/quote]

$151 per night if staying 2 nights, and it's over a w-e (dunno if it makes a difference). I've found other nice hotels / resorts in the area, but the price range is about the same, so far practicality keeps the Hyatt on top.

We might be keeping the car for the 2d day, our flight home being late afternoon, but hotel rate for parking is $12 for a day (and $16 for Valet), by then we'll have done all the parks and will be used to pay that much for parking in Orlando[msnwink].

Katys Grandad
28-04-2009, 21:27
I assume you're converting from Euros but that equates to £250 with the taxes for 2 nights. For me at least, that's a lot for an airport hotel. You can get a 4 star property at MCO including a 5 minute shuttle ride through the 2 main travel bidding sites for a little over $50 a night at weekends. Your call of course.

lafifille
29-04-2009, 01:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
I assume you're converting from Euros but that equates to £250 with the taxes for 2 nights. For me at least, that's a lot for an airport hotel. You can get a 4 star property at MCO including a 5 minute shuttle ride through the 2 main travel bidding sites for a little over $50 a night at weekends. Your call of course.[/quote]I've heard of those, but haven't come around to using them yet... but hey, I've just rented a villa on the net, I think I can gather the nerves to book our hotel room through a bidding site.
Would you let me know of the websites you're talking about, to see if they're the ones I've heard about [website names edited] (if they don't get edited out). Have you used them and is it safe? I really don't want to be stuck at MCO at 1 am with cranky kids and hubby with no place to sleep :D.
I've actually browsed on [name edited] and found the Hyatt at my dates for $68 per night. By crisscrossing the informations I'm 99% sure it is the Hyatt, but the price sounds too good to be true somehow [msnscared]

sarahnmitch
29-04-2009, 09:51
You can also book direct through the Hyat website. I just googled Hyat Regency Orlando and put in a random 2-night stay in August. The Sunday night was $151.20, Monday night was a little more. At least by booking directly with the hotel, you know that you are guaranteed a room!

Sarah

Katys Grandad
29-04-2009, 12:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sarahnmitch
At least by booking directly with the hotel, you know that you are guaranteed a room!

Sarah
[/quote]

I use the main travel bidding sites all the time for hotel stays in the US and the UK and have saved a lot of money doing so. I have never once been let down. A couple of examples just from this month:

Hilton Boston Logan Airport - Hilton website price $205, I paid $85.
Best Western Fort Myers Airport - Best Western website price $89. I paid $37.

Even with the internet, a huge amount of travel is still booked through agents to save money. How many people on here book their car rental direct with the rental company?

lafifille
30-04-2009, 00:07
Thanks to KGD advice and reassurance [bowwave], we are now booked at the Hyatt Regency MCO, exactly what we wanted, for $83 per night, ie less than half the original website price [high5]. The money saved will probably go into a meal at McCoy's, following Nina A's advice [msnwink].

Nathalie.

Katys Grandad
30-04-2009, 01:06
Great news.

Why can't I ever get that deal???????

lafifille
30-04-2009, 01:23
Maybe you should try to work out the French charm in you :D :D :D. Or maybe it's just the newbie's pure luck, and now I've jinxed it [msnscared]... too bad, because we're gonna need an hotel in St Louis in July!

I'm very well aware we're very lucky to get exactly what we were looking for, although the Renaissance would have been fine too. As my husband says, what can go wrong in a 4-star hotel when you pay that kind of money?

From what I picked here and there on the web, they seem to be offering the Hyatt quite often, so you might get lucky next time. Maybe with the recent economical situation this hotel has increased its offers on this "hot deals" website.

Thanks again for your help [beer]!!