PDA

View Full Version : Jaws Ride

NigelM
15-04-2009, 14:41
Was reminiscing the other day about the King Kong ride. Found it curious that Univ got rid just befaore a new KK film was made.

This got me thinking as to why they still have the 'Earthquake' attraction - surely it is now pst its sell by date?

Also what about 'Twister?

Lastly I hope thay never get rid of my favourite attrcation..you knows it..JAWS!!

clairemca
15-04-2009, 15:16
Hi Nigel,

Universal have updated the earthquake attraction and called it Disaster. I have never been on Earthquake but Disaster was the worst attraction I've ever been on. I was a waste of time, I wanted to walk out half way through it.

Twister is still there too, have only done it once and that is enough.

I also love Jaws, my five year old son was scared on it, wouldn't even look out of the boat even though we told him it wasn't a real shark!

Claire

florida4sun
15-04-2009, 15:19
The new Disaster ride/show which replaced Earhquake has one of the most incredible 3d holograms of a human I have ever seen
Jaws is a favorite of mine but I can see it going one day as it covers a very large area which could be given over to 2 or 3 major attractions.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NigelM
Was reminiscing the other day about the King Kong ride. Found it curious that Univ got rid just befaore a new KK film was made.

This got me thinking as to why they still have the 'Earthquake' attraction - surely it is now pst its sell by date?

Also what about 'Twister?

Lastly I hope thay never get rid of my favourite attrcation..you knows it..JAWS!!
[/quote]

lafifille
15-04-2009, 15:22
I thought it was sad too, we liked the KK attraction (although we thought the last movie was the worst ever). Maybe it's just a matter of statistics: people not liking it anymore...? I have a great picture of KK's head when he's trying to rip off our aerial tram car: you could smell his breath :D
I agree with you, they just can't get rid of Jaws.
We liked the Back to the future one too, but it's gone [msncry]... Hope the new one is good . [msntongue]

a_broxibear
15-04-2009, 17:14
i think your right about jaws - wont be long before it goes. as well as taking up a large area, i think its VERY dated.

I was also suprised with the removal of KK - i thought they were just going to close it to give it a bit of a refurb and update to make it suit the new film, but no - never reopened!!! also gutted back to the future is closed!! even if they did replace it with the simpsons!

not been on the update of earthquake though - really looking forward to that :D

mu11en
16-04-2009, 04:22
walken 3d at disaster was amazing, i liked it. not as bad as previous posts say.
worth doing as is twister.

chrizzy100
16-04-2009, 07:24
I would be sad to see Jaws go...it reminds me of home and always makes us laugh to see Nantucket on the sign post..they have tried to remove it...but to many people complained..it is a family ride..I'm fed up of all the roller coasters popping up...its a Theme Park not an Amusement Park..

CarolAnn
16-04-2009, 19:07
Here here Chrissie [msnwink]

FraserLynn
16-04-2009, 19:33
I actually really like the "disaster ride", must be my childish sense of humour!![laugh]

chrizzy100
16-04-2009, 19:43
I like it too..but I don't think its worth the wait more than once...

annette_tr9
20-04-2009, 02:21
i loved king kong and was disappointed when it went but i have to say i think the mummy is brilliant!!! would be sad to see jaws go.....i think the older rides can be a bit cheesy but thats why we like them i think!!!

i am a bit bored of the terminator show now.....could do with a revamp

sammibabe
23-04-2009, 02:40
We liked the Disaster ride cos my youngest was the child in it! Just wish you could get a copy of 'your' disaster movie. I also like the ride part of it. Still like Jaws and preferred Back to the Future to Simpsons ride. We saw the show about the movie make up last time which was really funny - brilliant