PDA

View Full Version : No money for toll!!!

jojo
01-04-2009, 16:55
Came off at Orange Blossom Trail yesterday and without any warning was faced with an unmanned toll that wanted 50c. Now, loaded down with $1 bills ready and willing we couldn't pay. Sat and waited to see if anyone had change but no one else seemed to go through this toll. Drove on only to hear alarm bells ringing and cameras clicking and now don't know what to do. Not a great start to the holiday because of course it's all my fault!!!!! Anyone had a similar experience and can tell us what to do? Hired the car from Alamo

roger
01-04-2009, 17:06
You have a couple of options.

1. Follow this procedure

http://www.sunpass.com/missedtoll.cfm

2. Forget about it. Then either nothing will happen (1 violation is often overlooked). Or, Alamo will pay it for you + $25 admin fee, so around 6 weeks after returning the car you may see a charge for $25.50

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jojo
Came off at Orange Blossom Trail yesterday and without any warning was faced with an unmanned toll that wanted 50c. Now, loaded down with $1 bills ready and willing we couldn't pay. Sat and waited to see if anyone had change but no one else seemed to go through this toll. Drove on only to hear alarm bells ringing and cameras clicking and now don't know what to do. Not a great start to the holiday because of course it's all my fault!!!!! Anyone had a similar experience and can tell us what to do? Hired the car from Alamo
[/quote]

jojo
01-04-2009, 17:10
Thanks Roger, just called Alamo and they said to forget about it too. Apparently those tolls are a pain because they don't give you any warning. We'll just forget about it and hope they are nice!!!

dbrook
01-04-2009, 17:37
It happened to us once Jojo. We were coming from Sanford Airport and only had dollar bills and like you found - no warning. There was a car in front of us obviously in the same position who went through the toll and then the noise and flashing started. We followed him as there was no alternative.

Never heard anything, phew;)

parrey
02-04-2009, 00:03
That happened to us a few years ago. My two sons were following us in a second car and we suddenly came to one of these tolls. I had enough change for us to go through, but not enough for them as well and I knew they didn't have any change. We were amazed to see my son's hand come through the window and throw something into the bucket, and pass through. We found out later that he had thrown in 2 x 20p pieces !! No bells or alarms!

Pudders
02-04-2009, 15:22
Happened to my mate last year - think it was the same one!! We paid and he didn't. He got flashed and bells went off and he didn't get anything come through... and that was a car through Alamo!

It is a pain and they should warn you.