PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Direct Road - Driver road counter

LesleyB
31-03-2009, 00:39
Just entered my details on the alamo direct road site and clicked submit and got the following message:-

Thank you
Thank you for registering your details for Alamo's Direct Road service. We look forward to seeing you at our rental counter soon.

Please remember to have your valid driver's license with you.

Renting in the US
If you are renting your car at our locations at Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Orlando or San Francisco airports; then please proceed to the Driver Road counter upon arrival.

Just wondered what the Driver Road counter is ? Are they separate to the normal counters or are they the kiosks that have been talked about ?

Anyone had any experience recently as just like to be prepared.

Thanks in advance

wilfy
31-03-2009, 16:24
Me too - we'll find out in 3 weeks. [msncool]

shona
31-03-2009, 17:08
what is 'alamo direct road site'? going to orlando and booked with alamo but through this site and can't see anything on our booking about this.

roger
31-03-2009, 21:59
We have double checked with Alamo, and I'm afraid you don't get to use a different counter even when registering with Direct Road.

LesleyB
01-04-2009, 02:52
Thanks for that Roger

Didn't think we had a special counter last time we used Alamo but thought it best to check.

wilfy
01-04-2009, 04:04
Now that i've had time to do a little research i would agree with Lesley. I don't remember there being a dedicated desk for this. However this has been running for a little while, so i would ask why bother?

bmitch
01-04-2009, 13:00
Is the Direct Road counter not the computer terminals at the side of the alamo counter? I know they are always asking if you have a valid licence form US or Canada and that allows you to use the computer terminals but it won't work for UK licences

wilfy
01-04-2009, 13:16
The advertising blurb that i've seen on the net, implies that there is a dedicated desk a-la Dollar Express, but i've since found another write up that says it just speeds up the check-in process as the agent won't have to fill out some of the details.

KevinT
01-04-2009, 14:11
I registered for Alamo's Direct Road option a couple of years ago expecting it to be like Dollar Express. I have to say it made no difference whatever at Sanford Alamo's desk...there was nobody supervising the queue like there is at Sanford Dollar, so I still had to queue in the normal line (which fortunately was not too long![msnsmile]) and as far as I could determine, my Direct Road membership did not make any difference to the booking in process![msnsad]