PDA

View Full Version : hb2 visa and own e2 visa application

catfish
08-12-2003, 21:41
hb2 visa :) have seen this visa but do not seem to find much about it[?] has anybody placed there own e2 visa application to the embassy without using a consultant

florida4sun
08-12-2003, 22:05
I think if any did they would not get one.....You need a good attorney.

quote:Originally posted by catfish

hb2 visa :) have seen this visa but do not seem to find much about it[?] has anybody placed there own e2 visa application to the embassy without using a consultant

blott
09-12-2003, 03:48
An Hb2 visa is for seasonal and temporary workers and for which there is a shortage of US workers. There are very few employers who would bother to take the trouble with all the paperwork required (21 pages just for the form!) for a temporary worker and this visa is only likely to be granted for a period of 3 - 6 months or so. You can read about it here http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/niv/work.htm

chrizzy100
09-12-2003, 04:07
quote:Originally posted by blott

An Hb2 visa is for seasonal and temporary workers and for which there is a shortage of US workers. There are very few employers who would bother to take the trouble with all the paperwork required (21 pages just for the form!) for a temporary worker and this visa is only likely to be granted for a period of 3 - 6 months or so. You can read about it here http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/niv/work.htm

That visa is used alot on the Cape Mass...where I live to bring in summer works from Ireland.. jamaica etc....I don't know how the people live on the wages paid....hotel rooms and rental homes cost an arm and a leg in the summer months....I think there are around 4 people to a room....

esprit
09-12-2003, 04:49
You need a job offer from an employer and labor certification stating that there is no US worker able to do the temporary work for H2b. Given it is seasonal work, I cant imagine what sort of work would qualify. If you can get labor certification and a job offer, why not try for the permanant visa, H1B?
There must be people who have done their own E2 applications. However for the amount it costs for an attorney, I would get it done right and not get rejected on a formality or because it has been filled in wrongly. Especially as it can take three to four months to process now. Sorry to be negative but there aint an easy way round this visa thing. I tried to find something for two years and eventually had to go down the same road as everyone else.

esprit
09-12-2003, 04:53
PS, your user name aside, why is this topic posted under fishing??