PDA

View Full Version : Highlands reserve golf club

dynomike red
25-03-2009, 15:00
Hi,
just wondering if anybody has stayed here and or had a round of golf.If so what is course like and also the comunity.Do u have to show your handicap[msnembarrased] or your club membership from home to play
Thanks in advance
Mike

florida4sun
25-03-2009, 15:23
No need to show your handicap, I am not a golfer but my father in law used to drag me round various course when he visited. I have hacked chunks out of most of them, infact I am probably responsible for a few extra bunkers at Bay Hill[msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dynomike red
Hi,
just wondering if anybody has stayed here and or had a round of golf.If so what is course like and also the comunity.Do u have to show your handicap[msnembarrased] or your club membership from home to play
Thanks in advance
Mike
[/quote]

luckylady
25-03-2009, 15:44
I love Highland Reserve its a great community.I have tried to play golf at Highland Reserve,
but unfortunately I am total rubbish.Also has a great driving range if you need a practice and the rates are very reasonable.
Enjoy the experience [msnwink]

MarkJan
25-03-2009, 16:18
I've never been asked for a handicap certificate in Florida. Highlands Reserve is a relatively gentle course but there are a few places you can end up in real trouble. It's always worth haveing a game to see!

dynomike red
25-03-2009, 16:51
Thanks for the replys,
just had a quick look on their web site and it looks quite an open course(great for my military golf,left,right,left,right[msnsmile2][msnscared]).Can u tell me if golf buggys are normaly in the price of a round, as i can not see that option in the tarrif
cheers
Mike

dbrook
25-03-2009, 17:40
Yes Mike the rate includes buggy/cart, but doesn't include Sales Tax.

Not sure if you are looking at staying at Highlands Reserve or just playing a game of golf, but it is a lovely community (of course we are biased as we own on Highlands).

There is a mix of 3-6 bedroomed homes on the community and the facilities include a play area, tennis court and communal pool. Easy access to parks, restaurants and shops. Most homes are within walking distance of Berry Town Centre, a small shopping are which includes a Publix supermarket, eat-in and take-away restaurants including Applebees - a very popular restaurant, bar and other small stores.

Fire away if you have any other questions about the community or golf. I don't play but my husband has played the course many times!

dynomike red
25-03-2009, 17:49
Hi Diane
thanks for your reply, yes we have booked a 4 bed on birkdale street, had a look on google earth and it looks fantastic can not wait.Do you know if the bar shows english football(dont tell the wife)as liverpool have a few very important games while we are there[msnscared]
thanks
Mike

andy_d
26-03-2009, 03:29
Mike,
If you can't get them at Highlands Reserve its only a short drive down the 27 to Beef O Brady's which will show all the Liverpool games I'm sure!

blott
26-03-2009, 09:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dynomike red
Hi Diane
thanks for your reply, yes we have booked a 4 bed on birkdale street, had a look on google earth and it looks fantastic can not wait.Do you know if the bar shows english football(dont tell the wife)as liverpool have a few very important games while we are there[msnscared]
thanks
Mike[/quote]Some home owners pay extra in order to provide an upgraded cable TV service which includes most UK sports (sometimes in HD!) so you could try asking your home owner if they have this facility.

dbrook
26-03-2009, 09:35
I'm not sure Mike as never been inside! Geoff says there is somewhere called The Pub that shows all the games. Go down the US 27 past the junction to the I4 and it is on the right hand side. They have a TV on each table so you can watch different games!

We pay extra on our cable TV package for premiership football (keeps husband happy!), so it may be worth checking with the owner of the villa you are renting so see if it is something they have subscribed for, as the games may be shown on that channel.

Have a great holiday!

dynomike red
26-03-2009, 10:18
Thanks for the replys
will ask owner if he has cable,i dont know who iam trying to kid, if i think my wife will let me watch the football on such a fantastic holiday as this but hey you never know
thanks
Mike

MarkJan
26-03-2009, 10:27
ESPN also show some Champions League games if that's when you're going.

dynomike red
26-03-2009, 20:56
we are going 12th april, so champions league and the Arsenal game if poss. If we dont have cable i will try and catch the game at one of the pubs that have been named in the "football in a bar or somewhere" thread. Beef O Brady's looks fav as it is just down the road from highlands.
Thanks for all your help
Mike

linda allen
27-03-2009, 12:23
ESPN2 show the Champions League games (we watched Liverpool win in Istambul from Florida)

There is a new pub which I haven't been to yet that show the games. The owners are Brits(one from Liverpool and one from London) and both are football mad. Our friends went and said they had Sky and Setanta.

Oh, the pub is just outside Highgrove which is about 1 mile north from Highlands Reserve just at the junction of the US27 and 192.

Our friends ate there and said it was good too. Not sure of the name I will try to find out.

owen3
27-03-2009, 13:44
It is called Devenneys. [lucky]
Hi Mike here is the link.
[website link edited]
Barbara

linda allen
27-03-2009, 15:01
Hi Barbara, just googled it and it looks good. We will try it when we are there.

Mike just looked and they are showing both the champions league game and Lpool v Arsenal.

dynomike red
27-03-2009, 21:29
Thats fantastic news, just down the road so walkable or taxi[beer][beer][beer]
Thanks Linda and Barbara. Just have to get the pass from the wife now[msnoo].I think both games are 8 o clock kickoffs UK time so that will be afternoon in florida, excellent that means shoping for the girls[clap] beer and football for the boys[party1]

sarahnmitch
31-03-2009, 12:51
I can't comment on the course, but we just got back from two weeks at HR. It was fantastic and can't wait to go back!

bushbaby
01-04-2009, 04:19
one of the owners is ray smith a realtor from liverpool
you will see his range rover outside with lisence plate LFC 1.
A good guess all the liverpool games will be shown.

bushbaby

linda allen
01-04-2009, 14:29
Ray was our realtor when we bought our villas. He is certainly a Liverpool fan.